How can I change the category banner...

User 2291446 Photo

6 posts

Hello all -

I'm a Newbie to SCCPro & SCDPro. I like the way this prgoram handles all of the nasty php stuff and lets you focus on the content and design.

I understand that each store design is comprised of two parts - the SCD (CSS generator) part & the SCC (HTML generator) part. Though it would make more sense to have these two combined in one program (like most other WYSIWIG design software) I am beginning to get the hang of going back and forth between the two programs as I develop my design.

My question is, I would like to change the text (or eliminate it altogether and replace it with a .jpg that includes the text I want) that appears on the category and sub-category banners - the banner that says something like:

"Products in EQUIPMENT" or "Products in Category 1"

Is this possible?

Thanks
Jimmy D.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I think my delorean site in signature has what you are trying to do ?

I put my banner / header in as the logo, you just have to manipulate the size afterwards in the advanced tab
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2291446 Photo

6 posts

Thank you for your answer, Viv.

However, you have not answered my question.

I want to know how to change or eliminate the
"Subsection Header" text. SCDPRo allows me to re-style it anyway I want - so if I wanted a white background I could just change the font color to white so it would not appear. But I want to use an image for the subsection header background and I do not want the generic "Products in XXX" to display.

Is there perhaps some way to change or eliminate this text in SCCPro?

Thank you.
Jimmy D
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I can't see a way to do that either, I have a suspicion, its going to be a hacking code solution you want

ERIC usually finds a solution hopefully he's about
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts

Your not going to be able to do that because you can't control which image is displayed for each product. In SCDP if you use an image for the sub-menu it gets assigned to all the sub-menu items. You could force the position of a CSS menu made outside SCCP and place it over the top of your current menu. I don't know if that will fill your need but it is possible.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.