Hey Dan... - Post ID 73133

User 375575 Photo

16 posts

I've seen you mention some of the customizations and I was wondering if you could just provide the rest of us with the names of the files needing modification to create the look and feel of our own websites. I've done an export of a cart I created, but I'm not positive if it's the HTML files created or the XML files that I should be modifying and could just use a couple pointers.

Sorry if this is too off topic for the forum, but I think a lot fo folks have the same basic questions.

I've got a pretty good handle on css/html, and I could get through xml is that's what's needed, just need a shove in the right direction.
Al Swanson

If you come here and ask 'How do I use a jackhammer?', we might ask 'Why do you need to use a jackhammer'? If the answer is 'to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer', then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers.
User 423919 Photo

Ambassador
57 posts

Hi Big Daddy,

What sort of customisation are you looking for specifically, I can then point you in the right direction.

I tend to edit most settings in the default.css file.

let me know what you are looking to achieve and I will help you out.

Cheers

Dan
User 375575 Photo

16 posts

Primarily header (I have a full width one I use with the rest of the site) and perhaps eventually work the cart into a section on one of the pages, rather than it be completely separate.

Man, if it's as simple as just the CSS file - no problem at all. It seemed that most of the html would need to be addressed as well as folks were indicating you'd need to cut/paste all of your changes back to the pages, where if css is the only change, wouldn't I be able to just replace the entire file with my editied version?

Thanks!
Al Swanson

If you come here and ask 'How do I use a jackhammer?', we might ask 'Why do you need to use a jackhammer'? If the answer is 'to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer', then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers.
User 423919 Photo

Ambassador
57 posts

Hi Big Daddy,

If you look in the Tips and Tricks post, you will see that i have added some instructions in there, i have now made it a little simpler, in that you can create a transparent PNG file and upload it in place of the logo.png file. The hight of this PNG file will determin how high you banner is.

using a transparent PNG replaces the need to slice the far left hand side of your proposed banner.

Let me know how you get on.

Dan
User 375575 Photo

16 posts

Cool, cool. I just found that using that the two Export commands produce different files, which is what initially led me to believe there was a bunch of HTML being produced. Now that Scott straightened me out regarding that, I can see all the php and css that I need to manipulate. Much clearer now.

That's not to say I won't have more questions! But thanks for the help to this point.

Al
Al Swanson

User 375575 Photo

16 posts

OK, so what if I go in and modify the files in the "styles" folder prior to them being used by the cart app? If I replaced things there, before the app generates the files to upload, couldn't I fix things so my customer doesn't have to copy/paste stuff once the upload is complete?
In other words, replace the logo/header files and do any css work in the template so the app will pick that up before creating the cart.
Al Swanson

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.