Google Data Feed - Post ID 166227

User 2161324 Photo

24 posts

Thanks Eric. Only one problem. I am getting a wxconvlocal error upon export.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ed Tessier wrote:
Thanks Eric. Only one problem. I am getting a wxconvlocal error upon export.

That is a known error when you have invalid characters in your product descriptions. If you look around in them you will probably see some small boxes. These typically appear when pasting text from a word processor into the software.

In the next update we will add a more descriptive dialog to tell you exactly where those are located. For now you will have to locate those manually and clear them out.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2161324 Photo

24 posts

Thanks Scott. I will see if I can locate them. I thought I have gone through everything, but I'll give it another go.
User 2161324 Photo

24 posts

I ended up going into the product grid tab, copying all fields into a headed spreadsheet and viola! Manual Export.
User 136742 Photo

12 posts

Exporting a data feed that google can read has certain requirements.
The absolute basics are:

First line:
id product_url name description image_url price condition

Next line:
278 www.yoururl/shop/productid=41 teeshirt www.yoururl/shop/image/1.jpg 18.00

Repeat.

All separated by tabs.

Since the cart can already export an excel file for a product list. It should not be to hard to have the software export these parameters to a text/csv file.

That would be an awesome addition to this great cart.

Ed.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.