Google Checkout error - Post ID 14389

User 311342 Photo

46 posts

My SportsNightLights.com web site seems to be working with Paypal, but not Google Checkout. I know the account is active and correct because I use it elsewhere. Please advise.

Google Checkout has returned an error!
Ack: error
Message: Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of edit-cart-url in checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support: URL contains illegal characters
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><checkout-shopping-cart xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2"><shopping-cart><items><item><item-name>Dale Earnhardt night light</item-name><item-description>complete night light</item-description><quantity>1</quantity><unit-price currency="USD">6.84</unit-price><tax-table-selector>None</tax-table-selector></item><item><item-name>New York Yankees</item-name><item-description>complete nite lite</item-description><quantity>1</quantity><unit-price currency="USD">6.84</unit-price><tax-table-selector>None</tax-table-selector></item><item><item-name>Pittsburgh Penguins</item-name><item-description>complete nite lite</item-description><quantity>1</quantity><unit-price currency="USD">7.61</unit-price><tax-table-selector>None</tax-table-selector></item></items></shopping-cart><checkout-flow-support><merchant-checkout-flow-support><edit-cart-url>://sportsnightlights.com:80/cart.php</edit-cart-url><shipping-methods><flat-rate-shipping name="FREE USPS!"><price currency="USD">0.00</price></flat-rate-shipping></shipping-methods><tax-tables><default-tax-table><tax-rules><default-tax-rule><rate>0</rate><tax-area><world-area/></tax-area></default-tax-rule></tax-rules></default-tax-table><alternate-tax-tables><alternate-tax-table standalone="true" name="None"><alternate-tax-rules><alternate-tax-rule><rate>0</rate><tax-area><world-area/></tax-area></alternate-tax-rule></alternate-tax-rules></alternate-tax-table></alternate-tax-tables></tax-tables></merchant-checkout-flow-support></checkout-flow-support></checkout-shopping-cart>

<< home
www.ShopTom.com gifts - sports - wholesale
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Which version are you using (3.0.3 is the latest). What is the url to your cart?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 311342 Photo

46 posts

I just updated to the new version and published my site again, but it was no help. In fact, with the update, Paypal is no longer working!

http://sportsnightlights.com

PayPal has returned an error!
Ack: Failure
Correlation ID: c058ea85d5eb1
Version: 3.2
Error Number: 10471
Short Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
Long Message: ReturnURL is invalid.
Error Number: 10472
Short Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
Long Message: CancelURL is invalid.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I think the problem here is your hosting account. Our scripts just keep getting caught in a loop. Try using this on a non free hosting account.

Try it out yourself:

http://sportsnightlights.com/ccdata/php/servertest.php
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 311342 Photo

46 posts

Yes, that was it. I upgraded my hosting account to remove the top ad and both checkouts seem to be working now. If anyone wants to order something to know for sure that would be great. :) You might want to mention somewhere that free hosting is not going to work, mine was GoDaddy. Thank you Scott.

Here is something for the techs. When I switched my template to classical jazz right, the categories menu had two #5 and no #1 group of my items. I switched to classical jazz default and it corrected itself. So there appears to be an error in that template.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.