freezing - Post ID 194406

User 2067441 Photo

2 posts

Anyone else having problems with freezing up while editing?
This has been happening to me the past week or so. Every time it auto saves (or I save it) the screen will freeze up for about 3 minutes. I have spoken with my IT department and they claim my computer is fine.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

The program freezes while it is auto saving

The longer the gap between autosaves (check setting) the longer it freezes and the more content, makes it take longer I THINK

Basically you cant edit while saving

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Autosaving should definitely not take 3 minutes. How many products do you have in your shop? I say it shouldn't, and I can't see anyone dealing with 3 minute lockups while saving so even with a full shop I can't imagine 3 minute autosaves, that would just be extremely unproductive.

I would suggest putting in a support ticket to have the CC team see if they can help you track down why it's taking so long for those autosaves.

I had approx. 1000 products in my shop at one time and the longest I had to wait was maybe 10 to 15 seconds for the autosave. That was with it set at 10 minute intervals.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.