Finding product numbers - Post ID 138540

User 1521532 Photo

23 posts

This is probably right in front of me somewhere, but I'm not seeing it. I notice that Shopping Cart Creator names products by number. Sometimes, I need to link from one product to another (such as when there is an accessory that is sold separately). I can find out the product numbers by previewing the whole shop, and taking note of the ones I want, but is there some way I can see this from within Shopping Cart Creator? I see a number for within categories, but unfortunately, that doesn't give me the info I need for linking.

TIA, and sorry if this is something staring me right in the face. (...I have a feeling it is.)

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

No, there is no way to do that within the software at this time. The product ID's are generated automatically when the software is published. They are generated sequentially, so once you add one product and know what that ID is, then you should be able to guess the ID number for the next product.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1521532 Photo

23 posts

Okay, thanks!

Then can I add it as a suggestion for future versions?
User 440476 Photo

26 posts

Hey Scott!
How does it handle products already created with a previous version? I can't seem to find where it says the product ID for any particular product. It's probably right there in front of me but I don't see it.
Thanks!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The product ID can only be seen once you upload your shop to your website. It is not viewable inside of the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 440476 Photo

26 posts

Gotcha

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.