Download links - Post ID 84131

User 162329 Photo

1 post

I am setting up a shop to sell my photographs, using the CC Cart and PayPal, is there a way of linking to a downloadable file after the purchase is made, I am after a simple way to sell and allow the client to download automaticly?
Many thanks
Craig
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Craig, as far as I know you are not able to have a download option after checkout with CC cart.

Please if I am wrong anyone.. correct me.

User 401308 Photo

Ambassador
86 posts

One way I can think of doing it, set up a password protected area with your pictures. Once you get an email alerting you to the sale, you could email the buyer the password to his picture. Not simple, or automatic, but it would get the job done. With the way SCC is setup I don't think you have many options. Other shopping carts have this, so you might want to consider another cart.
Craig Wood

CoffeeCup Software Ambassador
--------------------

www.cctropicalparadisepets.com
User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

You might look at Paypal, itself...seems there is a way to "sell passwords". I have never done it, but seems I read about it somewhere along the way...and I am pretty sure I have used it as a consumer when downloading some files about a year ago...

But not sure how that would be configured in cart...but you might find the answer on Paypal.

Melanie
User 165569 Photo

16 posts

Craig Pearce wrote:
I am setting up a shop to sell my photographs, using the CC Cart and PayPal, is there a way of linking to a downloadable file after the purchase is made, I am after a simple way to sell and allow the client to download automaticly?
Many thanks
Craig

Hi Craig,

I dont know whether i am stepping out of line with this, and in all respect to coffeecup software. The shopping cart has not been around for long enough to develop far enough for what you are wanting. However there is some script that is given away for free that is for a photography website, and also has paypal built in. You can get the script for free on his website here.
http://www.maianscriptworld.co.uk/free-php-scripts/maian-gallery/free-photo-gallery-system/index.html
Fardon Webhosting & Design
www.fardonwebhosting.com
User 165569 Photo

16 posts

Sorry, forgot to add....the following link can handle all your downloadable stuff with paypal and then you can still use cc shopping cart.
http://www.vibralogix.com/linklokipn/
Fardon Webhosting & Design
www.fardonwebhosting.com
User 1890451 Photo

10 posts

Chris thank very much for this information.

Nelson

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.