Corporate Orders? - Post ID 75424

User 188409 Photo

14 posts

Hi All,

I've read through pages of threads hoping to find an answer to this and I have only seen reference to wanting it as a feature.

Basically I have two types of customers, individual consumers and businesses. The current working model of the store will work fine for consumers (minus the state tax issue) however my business customers generally will issue a PO and I invoice them for a net 30 days. Has anyone had any success with a workaround that would allow a business customer to send the order to me from the checkout page and not submit it through google/paypal? Ideally it's just like a form submission, one click and the entire order on the checkout page is emailed to me.

The other issue I am experiencing is that I have agents in the field that give their "agent code" to customers when placing the order so they receive credit. I have not been successful capturing this field through the entire order (i lose it when it gets to google and paypal). Any ideas?

Coffee Cup team, are there any plans to support what is described above? The PO seems like it is a simple addition as most of the work is already done.

JPM
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Adding a way to do a C.O.D. is something we are looking at adding as an additional payment module like we did with Google Checkout and Authorize.net

We don't have a specific date on when that will be available, but I do know it will be in the works soon.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 188409 Photo

14 posts

That's great news Scott, thank you!

What about the option to capture a random piece of data (in my case referral code) and leaving it up to us the developers to define what the label of the field is? I can see this also solving some issues for users when they have products that require specific instructions.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We are not sure if that will be something that will make it into the software as of yet.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 514521 Photo

129 posts

JPM, in the meantime you could use a form in the long description which is what I have to do.

I need to get item information for personalization and uploading of files so I use CC Form Builder to get this done. After submitting the form, the user will go to a "landing" page with a return button to finish the order. I'm still working on the site, but that's how I'm handling the additional information issue.

It would be nice to have the ability within the Shopping Cart. I'm hoping for the sales tax issue and more shipping flexibility in the future more than fields for additional data.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.