copy of cart with 'save as' - Post ID...

User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

I did a 'save as' and named the new cart 'wholesale'

But when I open it there is nothing to reflect that I am in the wholesale cart. I am going to change the products and prices and delete many of the products but sure want to make sure I am in the right cart.

Am I missing something that would tell me which cart I am in??

thanks
Kare
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kare,

The thing you'll have to do is alter your theme for that one. Basically saving it to a new location and renaming it, you still have exactly the same theme, same files etc. to start with.

What you'll need to do is load a copy of the current theme (back it up first so in case you need to go back to the original you don't lose it) and alter it to show something on it that it is the Wholesale site.

Altering the Logo/banner area may be good enough as that shows up on each page. Depends on where you want the Wholesale listing to show. You could actually rename it to include the word wholesale in the file name and this would alter some of the things accordingly, but visually you'll need to alter those things in the theme for looks and also any names/categories/etc. within the program itself. You could actually add Wholesale [category name here] to each of your categories so that there's no mistaking that it's a wholesale site such as:

Wholesale Figurines
Wholesale Necklaces
Wholesale Shoes
etc.

Hope that helps :)
User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

Thanks JoAnn
but what I was trying to figure out is that when I pull up the wholesale shop is there a title at the top address bar that shows which shop I am in.

My product mix will be sufficiently different to figure that out when I am in the items but just thought there should be a place where it says 'Wholesale.scc -- once I am in the cart. Silly question I think! :)

I really do want the same theme and look but I do like your idea of changing the category names to reflect 'wholesale necklaces' etc.

Is there anything else I need to do to make sure I don't upload it and overwrite the original shop.

Original shop uses the remote folder /public_html/store

The new wholesale cart will be /public_html/wholesale

If I understand correctly this will put the 2 carts in different subdirectories.

thanks for your help!

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ohhhh you're talking about the program itself not the website lol. My bad, ok that's over my head then as I don't have them installed at all so I'll have to let someone else answer this one. I would "hope" there is something to tell you which shop you are in on the program window, but not sure.
User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

Well, I have been playing around with my 'wholesale' cart and realized that it will stay on my computer until I publish it. For some reason I was thinking that if I made changes to my 'retail' cart then everything on my wholesale would upload too.

Ok -- I am making progress in understanding having more than one cart... I think I can distinguish between the two since I changed the setting to not open a cart when I open the program.

I do need to make sure I am correct with the above statement about the remote folder.

>>>>Is there anything else I need to do to make sure I don't upload it and overwrite the original shop.
Original shop uses the remote folder------- /public_html/store
The new wholesale cart will be----------------- /public_html/wholesale
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If I understand correctly this will put the 2 carts in different sub-directories and this is what I need ---
Right????? And then I wont' overwrite the retail cart with the wholesale cart?
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts

You'll be good to go with that setup.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I have exactly this set up with my jewellery website

I did a save as from my retail shop which is headed :: handmade by me shop 2011

And re named it :: Trade products only H M B M

when i open SCCP i select open shop, and the two appear one above the other, so i just select the one i want to work on.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

Thanks all. Will probably have more questions when I get to adding the WAM portion of the store.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.