Concerned about security - Post ID...

User 169901 Photo

22 posts

I just had my shop hacked by something or someone called Garbo, the only account that was hacked was the coffecup shop one, I have others that use a different shopping cart on same hosting account (corporate account) and they are fine, anyone else have had this happened to them, it had a message that it was not secured and easy to hack into it.

Regards,
Lou
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Report the hack to your hosting company and don't change anything except change your account and ftp passwords. If they are reputable, they can check the logs and scripts, tell you what happened, and how to prevent it in the future.

Hacks can be from your account and FTP PW being compromised, your PC is compromised, insecure scripts, insecure server...
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 169901 Photo

22 posts

Hello,

After several hours of examining all files and sites hosted I'm pretty sure I found the backdoor used, it was an old site the I had forgotten about with an old htmlarea script, I found the hacker tools inside that area. I did change passwords to everything as well. Thanks for the reply.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

One good thing to do is install FireFox and Google you domain. When you click on the domain and get a warning box that the site has malicious code, you know it's not clean. It's not 100%, but it works.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.