Changing the wording on a shopping...

User 502727 Photo

19 posts

How do I change the wording on the shopping cart page from Your Price to Your Rent. I am using the shopping cart as a catalogue and the wording 'your price' sounds wrong and needs to be 'your rent'.

I asked this and Scott replied: That text is hard-coded into the software itself and cannot be changed within the software. However, once you export your shop you do have access to all the HTML, CSS and PHP files so you could manually adjust the scripts to change the text. These files would be located in the CCDATA folder.

I have looked in the CCDATA folder and there are several choices as shown by the attached file, may I ask which one and which line/s I need to change?
Attachments:
User 2611426 Photo

11 posts

Totaly agree with that one Sean. Leave those text fields adjustable so we can change those messages in message that are suitable for what we need and even more we can adjust those message to our native language.

For those with the same problem, here is a workaround but be carefull.

Install notepad++ and go to "search in files". Type the words you need to be changed and specify the area where to search.
You can also replace the found words in that way with one mouseclick.

But it has to be said, this is not a healthy way of working. CC should be able to make such small adjustments in an update.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.