Cart Created & Uploaded. Now for the...

User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Okay, I've set my cart up and uploaded. I've created keywords and the description. Now how will I know when a customer makes a purchase? Is there a way for me to print a weekly (daily or monthly) report for sales?
Love those Nikon's!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Nikon,

If you're using PayPal as your payment system, you will get an email each time someone orders with all the details of the sale and the customer. Not sure how the other payment systems work.
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Hi Jo Ann, the email you are referring to- will that come from the cart or Paypal or both? Just trying to figure out the process. Does Paypal ask for the consumer's email address for me- I will be delivering the product as a digital file in an email. Thanks!
Love those Nikon's!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Nikon - That I'm aware of, you would receive an e-mail order confirmation from PayPal ONLY...
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep PayPal does the entire checkout process, no information is gathered by the SCC software at all so there is nothing there to send. PayPal will collect all the payment information, address, email and so on.

You CAN fine tune your process setup in PayPal if I recall. One thing I "think" I remember doing was requiring an email address and phone number. I'm pretty sure you can setup what you want to require and what you want to be optional fields for the client info in PayPal.

Other than that, PayPal handles it all for you and you'll get one order and it's all good. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.