Australia Tax Issue - Post ID 72931

User 541154 Photo

4 posts

I have a small problem I hope someone can help with, in Australia all items the have tax on them must include the tax in the advetised price, I can see a way this can be done in shopping cart ?

If I include the tax in the price of the item it adds it on again in the cart, if I dont include it in the adds price it adds it on in the cart perfect but the add price doesnt show the tax.

Is there some way to made the store price show the price + the tax ?

Cheers
Wayne
User 515676 Photo

Ambassador
38 posts

Yes I agree with Wayne, we have strict tax laws here (bit stupid really) and we have to comply. Makes the whole thing a bit messy.

Scott, if you read this, how did you go with the shop that was uploaded, you haven't got back to me yet and I really need to get this shop finished.

Some say it can't be done, while others are doing it.
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

It isn't a problem. Just leave the tax as zero. As we only (thankfully) have one rate (technically) of 10% we don't have to show it as a seperate line in ANY advertised price, nor do we have to show what the tax rate is.

The reciept that you would supply with the goods would need to show the GST as a separate line. Along with your ABN, if you have one.

PP
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Reginald, our programmers are using that as a basis for testing the next build we are going to have ready shortly. They are making sure that the new fixes work perfectly with the problem you reported.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515676 Photo

Ambassador
38 posts

Thanks Scott,
I will be looking forward to the fixed shopping cart.
BTW:
Do you ever have a day off?
Some say it can't be done, while others are doing it.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.