Anyone else having a problem with...

User 407598 Photo

72 posts

I think I have it narrowed down a little more now. It seems the problems with links occurs only AFTER I change a product description at some point after I create a link.

I made a simple 2 item sample shop to test things. I created a sample product with a link in the description. I saved, previewed my shop and everything was fine. I saved, closed my shop file, reopened and previewed my sample cart again. I saved reclosed, and repeated this whole procedure several times, each time the link was fine.

Now the minute I open that item with the link in the item description and add some more text I start getting problems. Basically I just open that same item where the link was just working. I hit enter to drop down and start a new paragraph and then add some new text. If I save and then preview, the link is now not working correctly. Weird.

I'm going to attach this sample shop to my support ticket for you guys to look at Scott.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I have been able to reproduce this. Basically it comes down to just links are lost when you save and re-open. They are converted from a link to underline, so visually it looks the same.

I have filled this as a bug and will get this fixed in the next release.

Thanks Dr. James for the help in tracking this down!!!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 407598 Photo

72 posts

I'm glad to help narrow it down for you guys! I look forward to the fix in the next release! In the meantime I hope everyone has double checked their carts for broken links!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.