An error while uploading:ccdata ?? -...

User 449052 Photo

47 posts

Try this, go to the File Menu > Export > Export Shops for Upload and save your shop. Now use a 3rd party FTP program and upload everything. Let me know if that works.

I used CC FTP and I get the same error.

Also under the Shop Settings > Remote Folder what have you entered in there?

The proper directory

In your FTP program, what folder do you upload to (httpdocs, public_html etc..)

My website directory.

Do you want a copy of my test shop? and try to upload it yourself?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

For us to help, you really need to be a bit more specific. Finding a solution for a problem can only help if we have adequate information.

Questions:
"The proper directory" --> How do you know? What do you specifically have in there now?

"My website directory." --> How do you know? What do you specifically have in there now?

In your post you said "I just uploaded a dummy file in that directory using FTP, so I know this is not my connection or permission." If our FTP program worked for your test file, what problem are you having manually uploading the cart?

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 449052 Photo

47 posts

"The proper directory" --> How do you know? What do you specifically have in there now?

/web/westerntrader.com/

"My website directory." --> How do you know? What do you specifically have in there now?

/web/westerntrader.com/

In your post you said "I just uploaded a dummy file in that directory using FTP, so I know this is not my connection or permission." If our FTP program worked for your test file, what problem are you having manually uploading the cart?

An error while uploading:ccdata ??

This is the error message I get.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Under /web/westerntrader.com/ do you have another folder under there? You probably do not want to set /web/westerntrader.com/ as the folder where you want to store your cart files. Doing that means it will intermingle with your Website files. It should be more appropriately something like /web/westerntrader.com/shop

If you are not able to upload with Shopping Cart or another FTP program, it sounds like something else is going on. I would suggest trying to figure out why you can't ftp with any program first.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 449052 Photo

47 posts

Scott

The "shop" directory IS created by Shopping Cart while trying to upload the store. Once this directory is created then the error occurs.

"If you are not able to upload with Shopping Cart or another FTP program, it sounds like something else is going on. I would suggest trying to figure out why you can't ftp with any program first."

As I said in my previous post I am able to upload a dummy file into the web site server using CC FTP. However I have tried with both Shopping cart and CC FTP to upload the store and it does not work.

Is there a phone number I can call, because dealing through email could take a while. I have tried everything my knowledge allows me to. If you want you can email me a phone number at antoinemortreuil at hotmail dot com
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Hi

I am now confused as well. You said that you couldn't use an FTP program and now you say you can. If you are able to upload a "dummy" file, then uploading the exported shop files would not be any different. Our software also does not create a folder called "shop". We create only 4 folders (css, images, js, ccdata)

Following these steps will allow you to upload manually:

Step 1: Export the files for Upload
Step 2: Launch your FTP Program.
Step 3: Upload all files to your server

You can always call our office for support, but seeing that is it 2pm now, you probably won't get to speak to anyone today.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I just sent you an e-mail directly. Maybe easier to fix this through there so we can keep the forums clean.
User 449052 Photo

47 posts

Hello Scott

I am giving up trying to upload using your program. I tried calling your office a couple of hours ago and got a recording saying that the office was closed....

If you are able to upload a "dummy" file, then uploading the exported shop files would not be any different.

Sorry but it is... I can prove it to you, if you allow me to send you a copy of my cart...

Our software also does not create a folder called "shop".

You are right...my mistake

We create only 4 folders (css, images, js, ccdata)

I am sorry but your software creates 5 folders.... the first one is called Western_trader-server then it creates the four others

I am now going to try using the java applet from bravenet and see if I can succeed.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I just replied to your e-mail. I am not sure where "Western_trader-server" comes from though.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Just an update to anyone following this thread. I was able to upload the shop without any problems with DirectFTP. I think there is maybe an issue with BraveNet servers. We are checking into that now.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.