Will PRO have the following features?...

User 2151938 Photo

1 post

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to CC -- just finished my first system with Visual Site Designer (with some help from the HTML Editor, Web Forms Builder, and Flash Menu Builder). It turned out very nice. (Less "hassle" than your typical WYSIWYG -- and faster than my usual Notepad rendition. :))

I've been "playing" with the standard Shopping Cart Builder this morning -- and browsing this forum to see what is coming in PRO... I didn't see answers to the following -- and would really like to know. (I realize the answers could be there -- and I could have just missed them. :/)

Will the PRO Shopping Cart support the following:
- Customer sign-up?
- Multiple price levels, assignable by Customer or Customer Type?
- Subscriptions?

Thank you,
Julie
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Julie

I am sorry but none of these features are a part of the software and most likely will never be or at least not for a while. Each of these items require customer data being stored on your server and doing that opens a whole new area of security concerns. Anytime customer data is stored, you need to make sure the information is properly secured. Adding that complexity to the software would then take away from the easy of use that we have worked very hard on.

So maybe someday... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 596588 Photo

42 posts

I agree in that we do not want personal information stored on these shared servers most of us use. I recently had to fill out a security questionaire for one of the credit card companies, for my employer. Most of us (individuals) could not meet the requirements.

A coupon code, or discount code given to good customers would work by have different classes of customers getting different discount levels, without actually identifying them. And I think this may be on the CC todo list.
User 311342 Photo

46 posts

You can use Google Checkout to issue coupon codes for you. I do this to get people out of the Paypal brainwash!
www.ShopTom.com gifts - sports - wholesale

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.