Where Is My Customer Data? - Post ID...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Zia and welcome to the Forums :)

The customer doesn't "have" to have a PayPal account to be able to purchase from you either, they can use their credit card etc. and you will still get the information from PayPal same as if they had an account. Works pretty nicely :)
User 150367 Photo

8 posts

Wicked! Great...
I had no idea I would receive an email from Paypal with all the pertinent info. That makes it even easier than I thought... :)

Thanks for your inputs Tom & Jo Ann!
all i know is i know nothing...... so i need loads of help!
thank you and good night :P
User 150367 Photo

8 posts

Ok just did a test with my store and I bought myself two 0,01€ products. Then I got by email a message from Paypal with the contact details of my customer (me, hehehe), including address and product bought. Got this using both the login to Paypal option and the fill-in data with no need to create an account. As for the client side (in this case, me again hehehe), I get an email confirming my payment with all pertinent info regarding my order as well as the vendor's contact details in case the customer needs to contact us. In Portugal (where I'm from) we do not have the option for express checkout, but I guess this is just fine and I get all the info needed.

From my surfing within the PP site, I realised I can personalise several options like receipts, as well as print mailing labels that state the vendor and the customer contact info as well as the full order details. This is far more than I had imagined... specially considering this is my first time as a vendor!

Plus I realized that if needed I can refund my client on any percentage I want if needed, which is ideal in my case if I want to offer the option for my clients to pay for a sitting fee, and if necessary I can refund them after determining their sitting fee refund qualifications.

Also, I realised that I can use this refund option as a workaround for the fact that SCCP does not have an option for promo/coupon codes - I simply ask the client to write a note while making their payments refering their promo code, and after validating it I can go to refund and then refund the client with the amount of money corresponding to their promo code. I guess for now this is a very nice workaround!

Woooooo I'm so happy!
all i know is i know nothing...... so i need loads of help!
thank you and good night :P
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

So do we get to take a peak at your site?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.