Tracking code for Affiliates in...

User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

Hi everyone

I recently ugraded to SCC Pro.
I have decided to build a relationship with a 'cashback' website. This means that they will advertise my company, clients buy from me (when they click from the affiliate's websitre) and get cashback (10%). The affiliate (cashback) company would like me to put some code into the page post-Google Checkout (ie. the 'here's your order summary) so that they can track orders placed with them and invoice me at the end of the month.
Unfortunately, I can't access this page via SCC (I made a bogus purchase, and it takes me back to my 'View Cart' page, with a confirmation of the order). I've gone into Google, and there's no way that I can manually overwrite this.
Here are my questions:
As a 'novice', is there any way that I can put code into this page?
If not, would it help to switch to another payment provider? For example, I saw http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shopping-cart-creator-pro/paypal-identity-token-whats-that/ and wondered if the 'Return URL' is the page clients are directed to post-paypal payment? If so, can I have a page with the tracking code in?

Sorry if I'm being confusing!

All I need to put in is a little bit of tracking code on the 'post-Google-checkout' (or another payment provider, should it prove easier) so that I can increase my sales by using the affiliate!
Thanks guys
Terri
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The file you would need to edit is in the /ccdata/data/resultgc.inc.php

Just paste in your code there.

Note, this is 100% unsupported so if this breaks something, you are on your own. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

Hi Scott

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, as I said, I am a novice. How do I get to this page? Is it in my FTP site?
Sorry!
Thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Let me first say if you are novice, you have the potential of really breaking things if you do not know what you are doing. Even one semicolon out of place will shut your shop down. Also, these changes are fully unsupported. If we gave instructions to people on how to do this, it opens up a lot of support issues that we do not want to address.

In short, you will need to use an FTP client to access that file and make the changes. The file you need to edit is located in your shop folder under /ccdata/data/resultgc.inc.php
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

Okay, thanks for this. I'm not novice-novice, so should hopefully be able to do it! If not, I'll just remove the file and re-upload my shop...which should overwrite any errors.

Thanks a lot
Terri
User 512728 Photo

32 posts

Terri,

Just wondering if you were able to edit the code and if so, does the code get rewritten every time you make changes to the shop and save?

I'm thinking of making various custom edits to the code (like adding Google Analytics and Add This) and am just trying to find out if I'll have to make a note of what and where such changes were made should Cart Creator rewrite all over the changes when I next make a general change to the site.

Riz

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.