Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2140665 Photo

58 posts

Hi there Edward, first of all I would like to say that you have a great store there, as for a history of sales, have you used the transaction log service that comes with SSCPro? Albeit not in the cart it's self, it does show a history of your sales and you can open up each sale and if needs be send it to your email address. The only thing it doesn't show are the customers details.

Hope this helps

Daz.

Edward Hawkins wrote:
O.K. My cart is running well, and I am getting lot's of orders.
As a business owner that has to deal with a lot of orders now, I have a few things to recommend that would make my life easier, and would really sell the cart for others.

1. Invoices. I do not use paypal anymore as they have limited my account too many times at their discretion. I now use Authorize.net.
I can use authorize.net's invoice but it is not very productive and is not very useful. It would be a real plus to have some sort of history of sales available within the cart system itself.

User 136742 Photo

12 posts

Sorry, I accidentally hit post before I was finished.

My cart is running well, and I am getting lot's of orders.
As a business owner that has to deal with a lot of orders now, I have a few things to recommend that would make my life easier, and would really sell the cart for others.

Invoices. (or an advanced transaction log).
I use authorize.net. I do not use paypal.
It would be a real plus to have some sort of history of sales available within the cart system itself with names and email addresses of my customers.

1. If possible. Get the name of the person placing the order. Maybe that can happen when they check the "Tax" box to figure out the shipping cost. I do not need any credit card numbers, or anything that would have to be secure. Just a name, and email address.
2. Once they place an order the status of the invoice is marked as "pending".
I already get the cleared payment confirmation, and the "transaction log" changes to processing automatically now. So that is already a go.
3. The ability to change the status. Let's say the order is cancelled. Or I ship the order.
If the invoice would allow a drop down box with these options. That would be awesome.
Then I would not have to go to USPS.com or UPS and do a search to see if something had already been shipped.
4. The ability to search the log by customer name. Sometimes a customer will call and want to know some information about their order. It would be great to be able to find them quickly.
5. A place to put a small amount of info. Like. "ship immediately. It's for a birthday."
6. A check box that allows you to print the invoice without the prices included.

As Stated in the beggining, I do not need any secure info. I just need some way to keep my orders organized with a persons name and email address.

Thank you. I look forward to the updates.

EdiRoy

User 136742 Photo

12 posts

I notice that the last response from someone at coffeecup was in June.
Is this forum still being tracked by anyone at coffeecup?
I am sure you guys are super busy, but it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks!!
User 2062767 Photo

166 posts

I have 2 suggestions that I would like to see in SCC Pro. :P

1. Increase the characters allowed in the "Additional <header> Content" part. I am having a job just to get a fully styled menu in there. It was O.K. when I just had a straight menu - as this could be put into an iframe. However now that I want to add drop down sub menus it is a bit of a squeeze, this can't go into an iframe as the drop downs won't overlap the parent page.

2. The ability to be able to export specific parts of the shop. i.e. export just the css folder without having to export the whole shop each time. A bit like we can choose which parts to export to a .csv file.
www.heylisflorist.co.uk - My Florist Shop.
www.woodentopstoys.co.uk - My Wooden Toy Shop.

I use CoffeeCup HTML Editor, WIS, Direct ftp, Sitemapper, Website Insite & RED Personal to create my websites.

Send your parcels with Despatch Bay! Signup using this code and get £10.00 worth of free shipping http://despatchbaypro.com/s/1H431
User 1932695 Photo

8 posts

Any chance to add a check mark:

Void Shipping charges when purchase is more than $XXX and/or Weight is more than $XXX
User 132213 Photo

4 posts

Hello,

Many online shops offer free shipping after a certain price point and I would like to do the same. I'm hoping to offer free shipping for any orders over $50. Would it be possible to offer formulas for shipping charges in future releases of the program. I am also very interested in downloadable content being added to the shopping cart creator programs in the future but that will be a potential problem with flat rate shipping options when the item is delivered electronically...

Are there any plans to change the shipping options available?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. My store will not be opened until next year at some point but the preview can be found at http://www.sobrietyville.com/preview/shop/ . The store is not complete but constructive criticism is more than welcome. markawilkin@yahoo.com Thanks...:cool:
User 396614 Photo

4 posts

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, is there anything in the pipeline with shopping cart where the customer can type a special note, ie, a delivery address, personal message or just an additional text box for the customer can type required info in whilst making the transaction?

Thanks,,, Stevo
User 447551 Photo

Ambassador
139 posts

I just finished setting up my store and came up with a list of things that don’t exist but would be very helpful

What I would like to see added in SCC Pro.

The ability to import inventory into an existing store. If it’s a new item add it. If it exists and is different in price, quantity or anything else consider this to be updated information and change the proper fields in the record. If it has 0) quantity and 0.00 price delete it from inventory. Get rid of all the error messages about wrong field size or format and generate a file telling which fields were not updated and why. The vast majority of the time it will be a field that didn’t need updating. Those things that didn’t update and should have can be corrected manually in less time than adding every item individually. At the very least the option to proceed and ignore errors or to cancel and look for them.

Parent category presets that are the default options for all of its sub-categories. Not everything has the same shipping, handling, some categories may not be taxable goods etc. If the parent category can be set to reflect this, life gets much easier.

One field in the program for discount_selling_price. As it stands right now the only options are a discount_dollar_amount or a percentage_amount. MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) and a MAP (Minimum Advertized Price) are getting to be more and more common information from suppliers.
These rarely work out to a set dollar amount or percentage that can be plugged in. This results in every item having to be calculated out (MSRP-MAP = DISCOUNT). With a straight up discount_selling_price field all that goes away. The option to choose discount_amount, percentage, discount_selling_price or leaving all unchecked to sell at full retail.

Six new fields available in each parent category. These can either hold an image or HTML code for display in the outer margins of the store. Top Left, Top Right, Middle Left, Middle Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right.
This is valuable space that is just sitting there empty. Use this to show customers the best, newest, and on sale items at a glance, or tell them about an upcoming sale or new product coming soon.

A long description type field for entering private information that is not displayed or exported to the server.
For example:
No new inventory available until first quarter of next year
This item is discontinued.
Remember to change price on additional stock added to reflect our increased cost.
Etc.

Allow inventory quantity updates from within the grid area!! This could be dangerous but a warning of the danger and then allowing change is better. Quantity updates can be done in a fraction of the time here. If a mistake is made if can be corrected.

An option to make the header area fixed as opposed to scrolling. Footer too. And if the side boxes are added absolutely those.

User 1932695 Photo

8 posts

What about giving this options to the buyer:

Shop by Category
Shop by Manufacturer

User 447551 Photo

Ambassador
139 posts

Mark A Wilkin wrote:
Hello,

Many online shops offer free shipping after a certain price point and I would like to do the same. I'm hoping to offer free shipping for any orders over $50. Would it be possible to offer formulas for shipping charges in future releases of the program. I am also very interested in downloadable content being added to the shopping cart creator programs in the future but that will be a potential problem with flat rate shipping options when the item is delivered electronically...

Are there any plans to change the shipping options available?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

There is a way you can give "free" shipping.

Create an item in your cart called 'Shipping Reversal" or something to that effect. You will have to put in a cost, I used $1.00, then enter in a discount of actual shipping + cost.

I use set shipping charges so I was able to enter mine as Cost $1.00 - discount $9.95 for a final purchase price of -$8.95. SSC Pro will pop up a message warning you that your purchase price is a negative but it will accept it once you acknowlege the warning.

Then you just need to put a message where it is sure to be seen telling your shoppers to use this "BUT ONLY" if they have a purchase total of $XX.XX or above. If used with a total less than the set amount it will result in a refund of their payment and the purchase will be canceled.

If you use different shipping charges you can set up several or set limits such as

If your purchase is at least $XX.XX but less than $YY.YY use 'Shipping Reversal 1'
If your purchase is at least $YY.YY but less than $ZZ.ZZ use 'Shipping Reversal 2'
If your purchase is over $ZZ.ZZ use 'Shipping Reversal 3'

This is a work around way of doing things and hopefully will become obsolete but it gets the job done until that day comes.

Hope this helps.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.