Some HORIZONTAL MENU Questions.... -...

User 990442 Photo

15 posts

Hi Eric,
I corrected the code as suggested in your July response and the Policies page is now listed but in the drop down menu not as a main page like I wanted. When you go to that page for some reason non of the links to other pages on the menu or the links I placed on the bottom work and the whole page freezes my computer.

I am using a wp based main web to connect to the shop and have thought to solve this problem by making a link on the view cart page to the wp Policies page if I can't correct this issue. Saw another forum entry on how to do this.

I truly want to have a policies page in the shop that is easily accessible but it does not seem to work.

Another issue, hope I can address it here, As my site is for crochet items that I may not have in stock but will be making as people order, how can I address the inventory so that it doesn't say sold out if someone orders 2 of something? When I tested the sales cart, the product automatically said "sold out". I don't want to be sold out on anything.
What do I do to correct this situation?

Thank you for your help with these issues.
Pat
User 197777 Photo

29 posts

Hello Patricia, first off did you attempt to add the 'extra' menu item (for you policies) as we suggested via the Shop Settings under Your Shop go to page bottom Homepage (optional) and check Use pages tool and enter own content then 'Link to: your policies page (these are the options to create that EXTRA page) - then 2 over to tab 'Custom markup' and add the code to your navmenu that Eric generously gave us. Then you'll have your separate link on top level (= 5 menu items on the top).

Next: regarding your "freezing" your policies page footer needs attention it crashes in Chrome but I found a clue in IE the line that says:
<span style="font-size: 21474836.47px;"> welcome but may require a price quote if changing the size of an item or different yarn. The yarn cost of an item can vary from $4 on up to $30 or more. For most of my items, I use a high quality acrylic yarn that is very reasonably priced and easy to care for. I personally love it and use it for my own scarves.<br></span>

Your font size here is crashing the page and in IE putting your footer with your 'non working links' in the middle of page - obviously a typo on your part but correct that and see if the page behaves after.

Finally, if you don't want a 'sold out' icon either uncheck 'inventory tracking' under Your Shop - Inventory or if you want inventory tracking (maybe) put in 10,000 items per product or something like that so that you never run out.
~Lar
User 990442 Photo

15 posts

Hi Lar,
Thank you for your feedback. I think I missed a step when I tried to put the extra page in place. I had gone to Pages and made the Policies a tab there for the top horizontal menu AND had entered Eric's code via html there, thinking it would make it a main menu item not the sub menu item it ended up being.

So If I am understanding you correctly, my wp Policies page will be a top menu item by using :"the Shop Settings under Your Shop go to page bottom Homepage (optional) and check Use pages tool and enter own content then..." tool with the custom code Eric provided, and I won't need the tabbed page under the PAGES section? If my new understanding is right, then I will do it asap.

I will look into the font issue you found.

Also thank you for the tip with the inventory. I'm so new to the shopping cart scene that I am not sure how to make it all work and I didn't see anything in the manual about inventory numbers and altering the numbers. After looking at this more deeply I see that putting your suggested 10000 into the inventory is a one product at a time activity into the set box under the sku. . .
Thanks again for the help.
User 990442 Photo

15 posts

site: crochet4all.com
I just deleted my original Policies page and did the shop setting add custom page the way I am understanding your directions. Then I checked the custom markup and found it was intact from my insertion before so I have uploaded the site again and now everything seems to be working.

Thank you for your help. I will be fixing the inventory now and then reloading the shop.

Pat
User 990442 Photo

15 posts

Crochet4all.com

Inventory is now fixed, shopping cart seems to be working correctly and the Policies is exactly where it is supposed to be.

Thank you all for your imput and help.

Pat
User 197777 Photo

29 posts

Bravo Patricia! good job on fixing your Policies page - btw, you can have your Contact on the top level also (if you want) by adding an extra page via the Pages button (top right of SCC menu bar) and click the plus sign to add a page. The default name that SCC uses is 'Home' (vs Shop Home). Rename it Contact and away you go it will be on top level of your menu providing you've 'unchecked' the box at Your Shop>Pages>'Put secondary navigation links under "Home" in the menu'. Here's an example on my wife's site (bear in mind she's just getting over knee replacement and so has a bunch of 'sold out' items in here shop: http://www.designsbyloiemarie.com/ Right click and view source to see the SCC code behind the scenes.
~Lar

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.