Size of templates and text boxes -...

User 193638 Photo

557 posts

What is the size of the templates for SCCP? Are they all the same or are they different? Size being the width and length.

I want to put a flash banner at the top of one of the description boxes so I also would like to know what is the average size you guys use for this banner. I am using CCFlashstarter.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Steven,

When you choose a theme for SCC or Pro you usually choose which size to use. The widths are given in the categories of the themes when you look at them. Banners can span the entire width if you work it in there correctly. Unfortunately I can't be of more help there as I'm not home to see sizes. Hope that helps some :)
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Yes that helps, thanks
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You're quite welcome Steven, good luck on it, it's quite a journey working through the designer setup, but worth every minute in the end :)
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I am just trying to figure out how to put a header at the top of my page that I like. The pic files that I have are too small so they look real bad and fuzzy if I stretch them to fit. I want a Firestarter type header (forget what that's called) but Designer won't let you put that in the header.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

No unfortunately it won't, hopefully it will in the future. Also, never ever 'stretch' your images to fit something by using the website programs to do it. Always do your resizing in an image program so that you can control quality better. Resizing larger isn't always an easy thing to do either so that is a pain.

When it comes to SCD (basic or pro) there is a setting to keep the header/logo image it's default size. You should always use that setting. Do the resizing in an image editing program and then use the default size. That will give you much cleaner resulting images since the SCC programs are not image editors and don't always tend to result in super quality images when using the SCC program to size them.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.