Shipping questions... - Post ID 262510

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We never make any promises on when a feature will be included with a program and we do so for this exact reason. We do have plans on adding it at some point but I cannot exactly confirm when that may happen.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We never make any promises on when a feature will be included with a program and we do so for this exact reason. We do have plans on adding it at some point but I cannot exactly confirm when that may happen.

Alex if i wanted to have a gripe, three years ago i and a few others (lots of) requested a text field in SCCP so clients could add their customisation (ie) the name to make a pendant, or initials to engrave, likewise i recollect someone wanting clients to add the name to print on a T shirt

I also recollect Scott saying that option would be added at some stage in the future, hopefully SOON

Scot's now avoiding the use of the word soon, and i keep ribbing him about it, as name pendants have almost gone out of fashion again now, and i have already stopped making them yet still this option does not exist :rolleyes:

They said webform would have payment integration SOON, and i think it went live very recently, thats about 6 months i think , MUST BE A RECORD :)

I think rule of thumb should be, if its not in writing its not a promise more a maybe, someday, one day, soon , take it with a pinch of salt, they honestly did not mean to deceive , and when its there it will be a free upgrade.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Alex Breza wrote:

... she said that there will be a shipping calculator coming soon.

That's what we're talking about, that did not say when, just soon that 's all they usually say.

Alex Breza wrote:

I asked this question to Chris and the answer was for the time being it's been placed on the back burner.

An honest answer would be welcomed and appreciated yes or no.

That's an honest answer there already so I guess I don't understand why you're still asking. Told you straight out it's placed on the back burner, that's more than most people knew already lol.

We understood your question just fine Alex, but demanding that something be done, or demanding answers on the "user to user" forums doesn't always get you the answers you want. As usual Scott seems to have noticed the thread and replied, but seriously, you got no more of an answer now than you had before. Soon... that's the best you're going to get and that's exactly what you were told from the start. Soon in CC terms could be days, weeks, months, years. Sit back and relax and wait with the rest of us. :)
User 2307824 Photo

52 posts

I think an answer of 'soon' is good, It mean someone knows about it at the very least. And I'm happy with that. I think most people would like a better option for shipping, maybe a simple solution is being able to upload say an excel file to sccp that met certain criteria. After all it doesnt matter where we all live, its an issue, and cost changes are a fact of life.:)

After entering in almost 400 prices covering 21 weight ranges and 17 postal zones, which had to be entered into excel frst then have additional charges added to cover things like packaging cost etc, to only then have to re-enter the lot from a spreadsheet manually in to sccp. and that was only for normal rates, I havent started the express rates yet: :/. I have an idea of what some of you may have gone thru. So to hear that there is a plan is great news. I for one cannot weight (hehe) to see the results...:)
User 2791023 Photo

9 posts

Hoping someone can help. I have a usps.php library that returns cost of shipping based on weight and the to and from zip codes. I would like to add the function and call it with the cart total weight and display the shipping in the cart.

USPS($pounds, $ounces, $originZip, $destZip)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.