Shipping discounts, Shopping Cart...

User 2005836 Photo

4 posts

Good afternoon everyone,
We just got the Pro version, and are in the process of updating alot of stuff for our shop. I already searched the forums on this and didn`t find anything, so forgive me if this has been answered already.
I was wondering if anyone has been able to find a way to somehow work in shipping disounts. What we`d like to do is for any number of items purchased above 1, discount the shipping charge 50% for those items.
I`ve noticed on some unrelated posts that people have come up with some creative ways, for work-arounds on some issues, so I`m putting this out there to see if there`s something we haven`t thought of.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

I have just used shipping based on weight rather than individual shipping per item. The shipping automatically adds up the weights to give a discount in so much as a group of objects weighed together come at less than giving them each a mailing cost.
Oh my goodness... that was as clear as mud! But hope you got the gist of it anyway
:)

I have also added a note in my terms and conditions which tells people that they might be due for a refund, discount or whatever.
User 2005836 Photo

4 posts

Thanks for the input, and I plan to implement that in the future. We sell automotive decals, make them on an 'as ordered' basis, and are offering quite a few items that we never actually made and shipped yet, so we only have roughly have actual weights for about 2/3 of our items. So as we make/sell items, we`re gonna keep track of the weights.
Hopefully in the future, there will be shipping discounts implemented an update.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

I must just add that the weights I have added include packaging.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.