problem setting up shipping by weight...

User 626385 Photo

15 posts

I set up Shipping by weight...entered products as default shipping, default wt. as oz., set prices for weight ranges for each state and international...uploaded cart and it does not calculate shipping by weight of item sold.....

site http://www.sunputty.com/sunputtyfamilyo … /index.php

software: shopping cart creator pro

operating system windows xp professoional

version 3.8, build 3863

Any suggestions?
User 626385 Photo

15 posts

Note: All my products were previously entered in lbs. and I changed them to ozs. and the default wt to ozs......I noticed that the program has a note that products previously set up will remain in the previous weight....

Does that preclude changing their wt to a different unit of measure and setting up shipping by weight based on the new default weight?

Thank you for any help you can offer.....

Ben Blue
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I just checked your shop out here and it appears to have calculated everything for me.

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/scc-weight.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I checked out your website and got quite a shock. You are in NY and I am in Colorado.
I chose a 4 OZ item that costs $4.
Your shipping cost me $8, twice the price of a 4 oz. item AND it added tax to the sale.
If I were a customer, I would shop elswhere.

You need to make a few changes. I would be interested in seeing a copy of the scale you used for shipping. Did you take into consideration the different postal zones? I am in the same boat you are; trying to set the shipping by the OZ. I am getting very close to just adding a few bucks to each item to cover shipping and offer free shipping on my site so I don't have to deal with it. Too much aggrevation, I think.

Steve
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

As you can see in Scott's post, tax was added to Alabama from NY and his shipping is also $8.
Is your shipping set at one price? His item weighed less than mine.

Steve
User 626385 Photo

15 posts

I changed shipping back to default cost of $4 with $2 added per item for all states + tax

International is $4 + $6 per item + tax

I did this because I didnt want a non-functional store to be "live"

The $8 shipping you got for one item must have been from an older cached site; refresh your browser to see current setting

I dont know why the site didnt accept the shipping by weight....I would like to set shipping by weight so our 1/10 oz. samples dont have to be shipped for our default $6 per item

Thanks....

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.