PayPal and Thank you page - Post ID...

User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

While in PayPal to set up my account for my shop, It said that I needed a return page - something like: Thanks for your order, etc. etc. I made the page in SCC pro, but now I have a button in navigation that says 'thanks'. How can I eliminate this link that anyone can see? Would it be better if I made the page in VSD without a link to it?
Marilyn near Las Vegas

www.marilynweil.com - VSD, CCD pro, SCC pro
www.elioness.com (web graphics)
www.mdweil.com (travel photos)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You do not need to set that preference in PayPal. Shopping Cart Creator already has this built into your shop. After an order is placed, you must go back to the page included in the software. If you bypass this in any way, the transaction will not process correctly and transaction logging & inventory management will not function.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

OH good, Thanks Scott. I'll delete that page. Since all my items are one-of-a-kind, I probably won't be using the inventory management tho.
Marilyn near Las Vegas

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Marilyn, on Scotts suggestion, i have just set up the Paypal identity token, just incase at a later date I go ballistic and out sell Harrods :)

My cart was working fine without it, but the return page Scott is discussing with you here did not work (NOW IT DOES)

Do lots of trial purchases, from a second paypal account, check it every which way, and then go back into your Paypal account (selling one) and refund yourself, they will pay back commission etc.

It is not like Etsy or the other shops you are selling in at present

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

Viv,
Maybe I should get an identity token too, just in case I out sell Macy's... :lol: Thanks for the info.
Marilyn near Las Vegas

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.