Out of stock problem - Post ID 262373

User 72537 Photo

62 posts

I have been trying a test site before going live.
I have set the inventory tracking to "When a transaction is attempted"
If I have 1 item in stock, then click to put it in the cart. That's all OK

If I leave the item in the cart but then abandon the shop, (as I believe people do)
if I go back a couple of hours later it shows a sold out notice.

When updating the shop I get the following
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Click the "Inventory" toolbar icon before you publish. This will sync your inventory counts.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 25793 Photo

29 posts

Hi Scott

Firstly.. fantastic job with SCC Pro !

I have a question regarding the inventory function :

Is it possible to display a message when the stock level reaches zero, something along the lines of "currently out of stock" or "stock arriving shortly" or even the ability to put a short message of "stock due dd//mm/yyyy"
Denial is much more than a river ;)

http://www.shop.dronfieldcomputers.co.uk
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Dunkster wrote:
Hi Scott

Firstly.. fantastic job with SCC Pro !

I have a question regarding the inventory function :

Is it possible to display a message when the stock level reaches zero, something along the lines of "currently out of stock" or "stock arriving shortly" or even the ability to put a short message of "stock due dd//mm/yyyy"

With Shopping Cart Designer Pro, you can customize the "Sold Out" image to say anything you like. This is a global setting though, so saying something like "stock due dd//mm/yyyy" would apply to wards everything.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

If you are certain that you will always be getting repeat stock, you could change the message to something like "coming soon" which covers a whole range of interpretations! But as Scott says, that same image will pop up for all "sold out" stock. For anything which is not going to be restocked you can just remove the item altogether.
User 72537 Photo

62 posts

With Shopping Cart Designer Pro, you can customize the "Sold Out" image to say anything you like.

Do you mean by editing the PNG image
Or have I missed something so you just type it in?
Just wondered :/

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Correct. You can use any image to represent the "out of stock" message.
User 2830800 Photo

3 posts

This might seem a dumb question, but where do I find the "Sold Out" image so that I can change it to something else?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.