Newbie Really Struggling Help . . . ....

User 286882 Photo

8 posts

no, i can open the themes in SCD, i started editing a theme and exported it to the my themes folder saved as .sct but SCC won't open it or any of the others as its prompting for .scc
User 286882 Photo

8 posts

when you ask SCC to open a file does it show .sct in the files of type window
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

First you have a few issues here.

1. An .SCT file is your theme file.
2. An .SCC is your project file. This is your shop.

Because you are on a mac using VMWare I bet you that you have your Documents folder shared between Windows and OSX and since themes need to be installed into the Windows documents folder, they are being installed on a vmware mapped partition on the OS X side. You will need to edit your VMware configuration and make sure to isolate Windows from OSX and then re-install the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 286882 Photo

8 posts

the vmware windows is completely isolated from the osx but i will give it a bash in the morning. Are there any user manuals available yet.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Anthony Beck wrote:
the vmware windows is completely isolated from the osx but i will give it a bash in the morning. Are there any user manuals available yet.

Press F1 to get the manual. There will however not be any information about how to configure VMware or other virtual machines to work with the software.

The error you are getting I have seen before by other Macintosh users and this has always been the case. If our themes folders are not installed into the Windows partition, it will error out exactly like you are seeing now.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.