Latest edition shop error - Page 3 -...

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Hey Daz, i just created an FTP user account on my server to test things out and this is what I found out ...

Your SCCP server settings...

Nickname: AnyNameUwant
Server: yoursite.com
username: ftpusername
password: ftppassword
check 'passive' mode.

On your server ... if you are going to install your shop to any folder or sub-folder off the 'root' of your site, then you must create that folder ahead of time. For example...I want my shop located at /myshops/firstshop/ , then I must create the directory myshops and the sub-directory firstshop under it.

Then you must set the permissions to BOTH those directories to 777.

Back in SCCP you must set the remote folder to /myshops/firstshop/ Include the slashes!

If this is done, it should publish your shop. Try it out and let us know.
If this does not work, I can set you up an FTP account on my server and let you try and publish there. That would narrow it down to your server, um, or your computer settings.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hello Gunsmoke,
It might be an idea.
I am very close to throwing in the towel on this one.

I must have tried 50 uploads using alternative inputs.
Strange, shop works for 4 years then suddenly stops working.

It looks more and more like the hosting.

I even built a dummy shop with one product.
Guess what, it locked up on the upload.

Cheers,
Baz.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Baz are you using Mcafee or any other realtime anti-virus program?
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hi,
I am running TalkTalk Security, but disabled on both systems.

Cheers......
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Hey Daz, go to the site in my signature and drop me an email from the contact form. I'll get back to you with ftp information so you can try another server. This may help to narrow down the issue.
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hi Gunsmoke,

Just done that.

Thanks for your help, most appreciated....Like your site by the way.

Cheers,
Baz.

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Just sent you an email Baz. Sorry for the mix up, somehow I got Daz instead of Baz :P

Got my finger out of the brace but I still can't type ( or read apparently). Let me know how it goes . . .
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Well shoot. That didn't work. I'm pretty much out of ideas. Maybe someone else can clue us in now.

I gave Baz an FTP account on my GoDaddy server and it created only 2 dirs before it hung up. Using the same settings I was able to upload a complete shop from my computer so it's nothing to do with the server. Has to be either a problem with your internet connection and/or something on your computer ( anti-virus or whatever...though I think you said you tried another machine )

Basically, I'm not sure what else to try. You're using the lastest version of SCCP, right?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Format the computer and re-install the operating system and then start over. Takes 1 hour to do all that or you can keep fighting all these issues for days, weeks and months. ;)

After the format, I would not install any security software before fully testing out SCC to make sure there are no conflicts there. As you can see through this discussion that these issues are pretty much isolated to that computer so something certainly is amiss on it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hi Scott,
I am now on a third computer.
I have installed latest version of software.
I have created a dummy shop and it uploaded great!

I hope it is almost there, unfortunately the dummy shop
will not display.

Here is the error message:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sornel.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Cheers,
Barry.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.