Is there a way to change the shops...

User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Well, that did not work.
If I un-check the check box for "Show on Shop Home Page" at the bottom of the "Basic Info" menu, the picture and description for the item still shows up on the "Shop Home" page. What gives?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hmm, play with it a bit and see if there's other settings, hopefully someone else can jump in and help on here for this as I can't check it the moment. I'm pretty sure you can have none of that show up on your home page if you don't want it there... I think? :P
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I agree Jo Ann, why else would there be a check box for "show or not show on the shop home page"??
I tried several things; I saved the file, no go; I exited the program and re-opened it, no go. It still thinks that the box has been checked to show the item on the shop home page. Is this a bug in the software??
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Steven Alford wrote:
I agree Jo Ann, why else would there be a check box for "show or not show on the shop home page"??
I tried several things; I saved the file, no go; I exited the program and re-opened it, no go. It still thinks that the box has been checked to show the item on the shop home page. Is this a bug in the software??

This issue is probably related to the settings under Your Shop > Pages. You probably have it set to show certain types of products and or categories.

Also, to make sure you always get the best help possible, you should create a new topic for this type of question as the subject of this thread is "how to change the start page on your web page".

Just trying to keep the forums neat and clean... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Ah, thank you Scott, your a lifesaver!!!
I think they should promote you to President of product development!!

And sorry about the question, funny how one question evolves into many.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

steven if you are still strugling i might be able to help over skype

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I greatly appreciate that but actually the above few answers solved the problem. I now have "Shop Home" as my home page (changed the tile to "Home") with no products listed on it. It looks identical now to the page I had origianlly made called "Home". This has now given me an extra page that I now have as "Site Map".

I can actualy say that I am having fun with this software. Most things you try to do on the computer are aggrivating as H$*#&!!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad you got it worked out, thanks Scott for chiming in here lol, man I feel like a cripple not being on my own computer hehe. Have fun with the rest Steven :)

I'll give it a few minutes and split this section of this question out to it's own thread :)

**Edit** Never mind, I changed the title to more closely represent the topic, hopefully that will work for this thread :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.