Instant Payment Notification - Post...

User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Non business sellers will by default display their main email address (so change to a more business like email address)

Business accounts have option to display virtually anything !

When it is an email address PayPal has no URL to go back to when the sale is concluded, it tries the email address instead. In the Premier account you cannot set up a URL, only in the Business account. At least that is what I found out.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

My PayPal Premiere account displays whatever email address I am using in the script at the top of the page, not the default email address.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Forgive me, but script at the top of which page?

My point being that any site I have seen using this PayPal thing shows the name of the Company or the Webpage of the shop, not an email address at the top of the page.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

That is setup in PayPal, it's setting up the paypal site so that it uses your logo and such so that it gives the feel of your business website being connected to it. I don't recall exactly where that is setup, but it doesn't affect anything with the shop at all and is safe to setup if you want to.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

No, forgive me. My bad. Many pardons. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

If using Paypal STANDARD :: just to simplify things

And if you are NOT using inventory control :: just to simplify things

And you set up an email account like sales@yourdomain.com as your MAIN email in Paypoo

Everything will look professional, and it will all work fine (Scott please don't shout at me)

I know all the other things should be in place properly but it gets the shop up and running, can be edited in time (taken a lot of orders in last few months) only set inventory etc a few days ago
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.