How do you upload the shop to a...

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

Is there a way to upload the shop to a specific folder on the server? I have multiple directories on the server, for multiple websites. The server setup only uses the IP address and login info, with no way to specify a folder, that I can tell. I realize I can go to file and export for upload, but when you do that it becomes necessary to upload the entire shop every time you make a change. If you use the SC program it does a comparison and only uploads the files that have changed (which is much better). Any suggestions?
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Try replacing the IP with the domain followed by the directory instead of the IP.
mysite.com/shop5/
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I tried, but SCC was denied access to the server (could not login).
User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I kept playing with it and figured it out. I used the IP address for the server. At the bottom of the server settings there is a place for the "Remote Folder". The default is /shop/. I simply inserted the desired directory name in front of the /shop/. For example: /mysite/shop/ and that solved the problem. Thanks for responding.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I'm glad you figured it out. My suggestion was stupid, anyway. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Since my question is similar:

When you are ready to upload your shop, do you first have to manually create the same file structure on the host server (with empty folders) or does SCCP create it's own file structure and fill it in with the necessary files?

I hope this is not dumb question #4667 :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Steven Alford wrote:
Since my question is similar:

When you are ready to upload your shop, do you first have to manually create the same file structure on the host server (with empty folders) or does SCCP create it's own file structure and fill it in with the necessary files?

I hope this is not dumb question #4667 :D

The software does it all for ya! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

So if I have an image that I added in a string of HTML, with the URL pointing to my webpage, SCCP will automatically create the "image" folder to place it in?

Cool.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Steven Alford wrote:
So if I have an image that I added in a string of HTML, with the URL pointing to my webpage, SCCP will automatically create the "image" folder to place it in?

Cool.

Only images added through the software itself will be uploaded. If you are adding images using HTML, you need to manually upload those images to your server.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Thanks Scott

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.