For EU users, how do you handle VAT...

User 469813 Photo

18 posts

Have any users in the EU solved this issue where we can show the cost of an item as inclusive of VAT (sales tax) but at checkout, if we are registered for VAT, we MUST show the exclusive amount and the VAT amount (currently 17.5% in the UK) and the total.

If anyone has solved this problem, please can they let me know as currently I'm unable to use SCC Pro for a project I'm working on.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Nigel if you are in UK you have to display the RETAIL selling price including VAT

It is only if you are selling to TRADE that you need to display the VAT amount included (ie itemise separately the VAT amount) (rrp 76.37 vat element £11.37 Net £65.00

Other EU countries I know nothing about

Viv
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 469813 Photo

18 posts

Thanks for the reply Viv and technically of course you're right. Look at any shopping cart though and the VAT is always listed as a separate entity and that's what my client needs me to do.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.