Font Size Change after Publish - Post...

User 193638 Photo

557 posts

As for the line breaks.......... Yes, you have it now!!

The actual text was loosing it's line break, no matter how many returns I put in the text editor, it had no result in the preview mode. The line breaks were gone. The only way I could get them to break was with that code. If I take it out, I will ave the same problem all over, unless this center thing solves a lot.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

well I have a another question too... did you copy and paste any of the text (not code) from other websites? It seems that the style tags are missing in a lot of areas of your page so it's definitely got an issue. If you did copy and paste code then it is possible that you also copied and pasted some invisible little styling that was embedded in the text (not to be confused with a virus or malware, it's just styling that gets picked up with the text is all).

IF that is the case, then try this:

1. Copy the entire page of text (including all code etc.) from your SCC page and paste it into a text editor such as Windows Notepad (NOT Wordpad).

2. Delete all the text and code etc. from the page you're working on.

3. Copy the text from the Notepad (or whatever editor you're using as long as it's text editor only) and repaste that back into your page.

Upload again and see if that solved anything.

This would only be helpful if you have copied actual text from another website, and of course only if that text had attributes within it that it pulled with it. You wouldn't see the code for the styling which is what is really irritating, but trust me it happens and I did baffle the CC team with it and almost wiped out my own shop and started over due to this little issue lol. Might not help, but give it a try if you think it has a possibility.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Well that fixed the centering problem of the very last text on the page. But it did not fix the 2 different sizes of fonts.

The first paragraph and 1/2 are large and then the rest is small. It starts right after my link to the Carvewright.........

One of our hottest sellers is the Bonsai Tool Chest. It is all handcrafted from wormy maple and red oak. The doors are carved with a computer operated router machine (The Carvewright).

I wonder if this link is corrupt or inclusive of something that should not be??
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I will try copy and paste to notepad. Why is it I should not use wordpad? Is there a difference?
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

If you lived close to me, I would give you the biggest hug you have ever received. ;)

That fixed the problem. The only thing wrong is that it deleted the URL links I had to 2 items, but that's easy to fix.

I wonder now if I could take out those page breaks?

Thanks Jo Ann, your awesome!!

P.S. Pass it around to copy and paste first to Notepad and then from there to your page. Save a lot of heartache.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I cannot remove the page breaks, the text runs together if I do. OH, well, can't have everything!!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hmm that really is still a strange thing about them page breaks. I would suggest you put in a support ticket because to be honest I am really curious myself to know what is causing that. It would be worthwhile for you to do a ticket though so you don't have to always do them breaks, I have never had to do that on any shops so far. Please do let me and others know what was causing it too if/when you find out from the CC Team.

And you're quite welcome, trust me I been there, and I drove the CC Team nuts for at least a week trying to figure it out. I don't know what prompted me to try the copy paste thing, but I sure am glad I thought to try it rather than start over cuz we could not figure it out.

I wish I knew why it snatches styling attributes like that and they are basically invisible to us, we don't know they are there. For me I had different colored text on a ton of my products.... why? Because I copied a couple paragraphs of text from a website... and then I used that in 1 product. I then copied that entire product to make new products... it was a nightmare LOL. So I'm very glad to pass that info on.

Come back after the ticket though and update us, and don't dally around and think you shouldn't bother, I'm sure the team would be interested in seeing what's going on here too. Be sure to reference this thread so they can see what's going on and to help them understand it better since I didn't understand it till I saw your code.

Good luck on it and you're doing great so hang in there!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.