Downloadable Products??? - Post ID...

User 1935152 Photo

9 posts

I thought you all had said SCC Pro would include the ability for customers to download products. I am a book publisher, and was super stoked when I saw SCC Pro was finally going to be released, because I remembered in the forums someone from CC saying that this would be supported. However, on the SCC Pro page, I can find no mention of it. I don't want to spend the money on this if it doesn't include the ability for customers to purchase downloadable .pdf's. Someone please tell me I just missed it, and it's in there. PLEASE!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

It is something we plan on supporting but it was never going to be a part of the initial release of SCC Pro. It will be a feature found in one of the subsequent updates.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1935152 Photo

9 posts

Ack! Well, back to the drawing board. Man, I hope this happens soon. Thanks, Scott.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Or maybe just come out with the Enterprise Edition for all the bells and whistles?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 516268 Photo

57 posts

Hey Carly,

I am using Linklok PayPal from Vibralogix together with SC Pro and it works like a charm! May be an interim solution for you until the feature is added in an SCP update!
Woofs & Hoofs Animal Massage - "Helping your pet feel good, naturally!"
www.woofsandhoofs.be
User 362156 Photo

46 posts

And what about selling services? Like in our case: reservations for theatre tickets, transports from the airport to your hotel etc.
User 604770 Photo

33 posts

I sell .pdf books and newletters I've published. It isn't automatic, but here's how I do it. It is working great:

Customer orders book. I receive and process the order like any other. I email the customer with the unlinked location of the .pdf file on my website. They can then use that link to find the file and download it. I haven't been too worried about Customer X sharing the link with Customer Y. But I'm trying out the Web Access Manager. With this, I will email the link, along with a password required to use the specific site. So far, so good. No complaints, and a number of takers. Only problem is that it isn't automatic return.

Works for me,

Tim

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.