Can I limit items on a page? - Post...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

First, in the programming world, nothing is "simple". Even the smallest change has massive impact on so many other areas. Adding pagination for example to Shopping Cart Creator would require that we add an option to the software so you can configure it. We then have to add options in Shopping Cart Designer to style it. We then have to update all themes to include the new pagination.

After that, documentation needs to be made, screen shots updated in manuals, all relevant KB articles tweaked and all theme screen shots need to be re-done. I am sure there are more things, but this is just a list off the top of my head.

With that, we have to make decisions. Do we spend time working on pagination or do we wrap up the HTML version of Form Builder or maybe release the OS X applications. As much as we would like to work on everything at once, most of our programers only have 2 hands (sorry Alberto for reveling your secret).

I am pretty sure however that this feature will eventually make it in. ;)

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2083998 Photo

17 posts

Whaaaaat? Only two hands?!?! It's def time to upgrade! ;-) You should look into that Programmer 2.0.1 that's out now, i think. Codes while sleeping or something?

Really though - totally understood SS Awesome (see - always on top of stuff) I was using the word simple loosely - you're right, i have no idea what type of frame work you've got in place over there or how you have it developed and that even in the best environment - things still get missed when changes are made.

Please, don't think we're not appreciative of what has been done and the tool that's available - we know, most of us, the number of hours, family time and sleep loss that's been sacrificed - but you as a developer annnnnd a user, know that sometimes things, when ya need'em feel like such a big deal.

For example remember before Eclipse had the CVS Repository - we were all frustrated by that - but we got around it - now it has it and we're all happy. Now we can sync and update without all the hassle.

That's all I'm saying - I'm sure your list of updates/changes/mods/upgrades/enhancements is a long one. And i feel for ya. In fact, I'll make you a deal - you drop in (again - loosely on the terminology) ;) pagination and i'll do all the documentation and screen shots for ya. :-) juuuuuuuuuuust offering! :D
User 2083998 Photo

17 posts

Scott hates me - i'm just sure of it.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Mike Street wrote:
Scott hates me - i'm just sure of it.

HAHA. Love, hate. Those terms are so subjective at times. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1834079 Photo

3 posts

How many items will Shopping Cart Pro support? I'm looking for the software limits for total number of items, categories, sub-categories, etc. Thanks. :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Tim,

I'm not sure how many categories/sub-categories you can have or if there is a limitation for them at all even. I'm "pretty sure" that the product limit is 3000, but hopefully if I'm wrong there and that it has been raised to a higher number someone will let us know. That was the last figure I heard a while back.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts
Online Now

I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 1936325 Photo

32 posts

Just followed this thread from the beginning wondering myself if there was a limit to the amount of products. Well I'm screwed. I am at about 2950 products spread across about 12 categories & lots of sub categories. Wondered why the program is slowing down. Yep 4yrs later and pagination is still not there, not that that bothers me because I have sub cats to spread my items out. But there were many many things that were asked for in this program and virtually none of them have been implemented. Just take a look at how often the program is updated. Anyway it must be time for me to get a programmer to create a cloud shop for me so I can integrate my POS terminal sales and visa versa into real time sync with my on-line shop.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.