Anyone in OZ using SCSPro with...

User 153928 Photo

123 posts

Just wondering if there's any active forum members out there (in Australia) using Shopping Cart Creator Pro & have Bigpond as their host.

I'm on their WebHosting Gold plan as opposed to the premium plan which even on the basic level is 2x the price.

> "To use Shopping Cart Creator (Basic or Pro) on your Windows or Linux
> server, you must have PHP 4.4.7 or higher, cURL extensions, and PHP
> sessions enabled. If you are not sure if your server has these items
> enabled, contact your hosting provider, and they will be able to assist
> you."

I love Piping Hot Potatoes & don't mind the bicep cURLs while working out in my gym but (forgive me) have no idea what these have to do with websites.

I can't get a straight yes/no answer from Bigpond & have the feeling they're wanting to me upsize my hosting plan. The way they are dancing around my question I can't help sensing "Customer Service" is being staffed by a retirement home for ex-politicians...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Robbie
User 92156 Photo

272 posts

I use Telstra for phone and their BigPond for broadband, but for hosting I use a local providor here in Darwin - because I didn't want to bother using a bloated corporation like Telstra. My local provider is easier to get along with.

I used to work for Telstra back in the days when it was the PMG then later split into Australia Post & Telecom Australia (yes I'm old!). "Customer Service" were dirty words - now that Telecom has become Telstra, things don't seem to have improved much.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.