A sneak peak into Shopping Cart...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Kind of like a road trip with the kids in the back seat...

Are we there, yet?

:lol:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Don't think I can't reach you back there Tom!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Tom wrote:
Are we there, yet?

You'll only be there when Mister S tells you that you are there.:)
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNM0UvR_Bo
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 1993047 Photo

32 posts

Well...as one member put it... December...then January...and now February has come and gone without release of the new scc software.

Fortunately for me; I have a steady income (at the moment) and dont rely solely on income generated from a website.

However, I have one new website and product launch with several hundred products and inventory levels that can change drastically in a matter of a few days and is dependent on a shopping cart with features that SCC does not currently offer. It has been "hinted" through these forum posts that all can read, that the new release may or may not have the features available.

Based on past experience...my main season for my customer base is coming up in a few weeks. At this rate I will not have time to allow for the new product site and shop to be indexed, crawled and ranked high enough in search engines...whatever... before the season is past peak and I will have lost momentum.

My main target date now will be to have this ready to go by the 2010 Holiday season. That is...IF the new SCC product has what I will need.
If not... this will be an expensive lesson learned for me.

BTW... if this were indeed like kids in the back seat (are we there yet?) as a previous poster put it...the car would have been pulled over a few weeks back and the kids would have demanded someone buy a stinkin GPS or even a road map!!!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I can understand that many people want this update, but we have never officially gave a date when this software would be ready. We have speculated but never committed. If we had a choice I would have liked it out last November. ;)

We are working very hard to make sure that everything we put into this software works flawlessly. This is simply not an FTP program that had a few tweaks, this is a software application that will have large scale financial impact for everyone. We have put each version through a rigorous beta program and have made sure to address all issues from each beta tester.

So while I can't commit to a specific date, I can say that we are working as hard as we can.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

BeachBumJim wrote:
Well...as one member put it... December...then January...and now February has come and gone without release of the new scc software.

Fortunately for me; I have a steady income (at the moment) and dont rely solely on income generated from a website.

However, I have one new website and product launch with several hundred products and inventory levels that can change drastically in a matter of a few days and is dependent on a shopping cart with features that SCC does not currently offer. It has been "hinted" through these forum posts that all can read, that the new release may or may not have the features available.

Based on past experience...my main season for my customer base is coming up in a few weeks. At this rate I will not have time to allow for the new product site and shop to be indexed, crawled and ranked high enough in search engines...whatever... before the season is past peak and I will have lost momentum.

My main target date now will be to have this ready to go by the 2010 Holiday season. That is...IF the new SCC product has what I will need.
If not... this will be an expensive lesson learned for me.

BTW... if this were indeed like kids in the back seat (are we there yet?) as a previous poster put it...the car would have been pulled over a few weeks back and the kids would have demanded someone buy a stinkin GPS or even a road map!!!

There is an alternative to what you're "waiting" to get started on. DO keep in mind that the New SCC Pro will flawlessly upgrade your current shops. With this in mind, if it's the search engine impact you are worried about, start the shop and get it online. There are always ways of getting around most issues that you might have in order to put your shop online before the Pro version is released.

Pick our brains, most of us have already put in place workarounds until the Pro comes out and I'm sure we can help you do the same so you can get your site indexed in good time. Not to mention that doing this will alleviate a lot of work that you're afraid you won't have time for later and all you'll need to do later then is the updating of features for your cart instead of the whole thing.

Just a thought :)
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Right on Jo Ann!!!!
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 1993047 Photo

32 posts

JoAnn...
I appreciate you're enthusiasm.
So what you're suggesting I do...is to manually load hundreds of products with no options for shapes, sizes, colors shipping options or sub categories and somehow I will be able to "flawlessly" import all the changes into the new shop?

I've read many posts ( I read more than I post...sometimes a good thing ) and the work arounds don't exist for what we all are waiting for. If they did exist we wouldn't be waiting for the Pro version, would we?

As it stands now.... all we (non beta-testers) know is that there are many new features and we will be very happy with the new program. We've seen a small grainy screen shot of something from back in November or December...

That's all we've seen and been told. So without knowing full well what the new program WILL do...I'm not comfortable in putting in hours of work without the knowledge that it will be gainful.
While I hope the changes will be beneficial....I'm not a big fan of Hope and Change.

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

BeachBumJim wrote:
JoAnn...
I appreciate you're enthusiasm.
So what you're suggesting I do...is to manually load hundreds of products with no options for shapes, sizes, colors shipping options or sub categories and somehow I will be able to "flawlessly" import all the changes into the new shop?

I've read many posts ( I read more than I post...sometimes a good thing ) and the work arounds don't exist for what we all are waiting for. If they did exist we wouldn't be waiting for the Pro version, would we?

As it stands now.... all we (non beta-testers) know is that there are many new features and we will be very happy with the new program. We've seen a small grainy screen shot of something from back in November or December...

That's all we've seen and been told. So without knowing full well what the new program WILL do...I'm not comfortable in putting in hours of work without the knowledge that it will be gainful.
While I hope the changes will be beneficial....I'm not a big fan of Hope and Change.

*the philosopher walks in to rescue Jo Ann* Maybe I can bring some clarity to the conversation. Regarding "the workarounds do not exist for what we are all waiting for. If they did we would not be waiting around for the pro version." This is a wholly inaccurate picture. Let me give you an example: The new pro version has a search function. However, we have created a workaround (or a temp solution to a problem), by making the landing page HTML and embedding the flash search in that page. Now it works, but not great. And its one solution for those who need search before the pro version comes out with search abilities.

I interpreted Jo Ann's post as being a helpful comment - though as you have pointed out - albeit disgruntled like - unuseful.

Despite this, being upset and taking it out on people who are trying to help is not going to make the production of the pro version come out any quicker. Trust me I know. I am anxiously waiting for it to come out to, and am frustrated about its delay because I have clients whom I need to service, nevertheless, you won't see me or most of the other regulars complain because it does not accomplish anything.

With that said. I hope in the future we can state forum comments - even the disgruntled ones - with a little more respect. ;)

The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.