Width using % - Post ID 145789

User 2141801 Photo

2 posts

Hi
Does anyone know how to change the design so the header and footer etc work with % width rather than pixels?
Thanks
Lauren
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

I don't think it can be done. This was discussed recently in another thread. :cool:

See the next post.
Marilyn near Las Vegas

www.marilynweil.com - VSD, CCD pro, SCC pro
www.elioness.com (web graphics)
www.mdweil.com (travel photos)
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

Here is the comment from the suggestions thread:

Marilyn wrote:
Make the pages fluid, instead of fixed width..

(Answer from Scott)

That will be a quantum leap forward with the program. However with screen resolutions of over 2000px commonplace now, the two current fixed widths are a significant limiting factor and something that needs to be resolved in the near future.

To get better structure, including placement of photos on the page and multi column layouts, I can recommend the Coffeecup HTML Editor. Just design in the editor, click the code view, copy the code and paste into the cart program using the html button. Simple but very effective.
Marilyn near Las Vegas

User 2141801 Photo

2 posts

:) thanks. I will try and see what I can figure out
Thanks
LAuren
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

Looks like I need to buy another program, since I don't have the 'Editor' yet. There is a SALE on now!!
Marilyn near Las Vegas

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Marilyn wrote:

Marilyn wrote:
Make the pages fluid, instead of fixed width..

(Answer from Scott)

That will be a quantum leap forward with the program. However with screen resolutions of over 2000px commonplace now, the two current fixed widths are a significant limiting factor and something that needs to be resolved in the near future.

To get better structure, including placement of photos on the page and multi column layouts, I can recommend the Coffeecup HTML Editor. Just design in the editor, click the code view, copy the code and paste into the cart program using the html button. Simple but very effective.

Mmmm... actually I think you'll find that was an answer from moi....:cool:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.