Setting Up Shipping with PayPal -...

User 159148 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Quick question to all the great experts out there. I am learning all this "on the fly" and am trying to set up my first cart. My question is if I use PayPal to manage all my shipping charges I need to set all the shipping charges to $0.00 in SCD Pro, correct? My client wants to do shipping charges by the total purchase.

Thanks,
--dave
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I don't think it will work that way, or at least when I tried a while ago it didn't. When you process a payment from your shop to PayPal, there is no way to include an additional charge, so anything configured in PayPal for shipping would simply be ignored. All shipping charges need to be handled by the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 159148 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Ok, that is helpful to know. Is there any way to set up SCC Pro to add shipping charges based on the amount of the purchase or is the only way to set things up by shipping weight?

Thanks,
--dave
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

David J Lohnes wrote:
Ok, that is helpful to know. Is there any way to set up SCC Pro to add shipping charges based on the amount of the purchase or is the only way to set things up by shipping weight?

Thanks,
--dave

Right now the only way to configure shipping is either using the manual method or the weight based shipping.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

David J Lohnes wrote:

Thanks,
--dave

Dave,
Depending on what your products are, you might want to give some serious consideration to offering FREE shipping. I know that sounds scary, but with all the work that is involved in setting up shipping in SCCP, free is a whole lot easier. Especially when you consider how often the post office increases their rates, forcing you to set up your shipping all over again.

All you have to do is add enough extra to the price of the item to help cover shipping. Shipping supplies can be had for free if you know where to look. Seeing FREE SHIPPING on a site also makes a customer more apt to buy.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.