SCDP Questions - Post ID 190444

User 15653 Photo

233 posts

? who are you hosting with, because i suspect its coming from your hosting supplier possibly !!!

I wondered about too, Viv. I suspect that Paintbrush had it right though and as I tried another browser, didn't see it show (yet). I suspect it was something to do with Firefox which makes me feel better than wondering about what I had uploaded to the server. I WAS a little concerned about either what I had uploaded being infected with something OR my ISP had slipped me the mickey. I think it's just something with Firefox though where I need to figure out what 'addon' may have caused it. Thanks...
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

The links in my above post explain it, but not how you ended up with it.
Maybe it snuck in on a browser update?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 15653 Photo

233 posts

Thanks Paintbrush... I used to have a MUCH higher opinion of sites like Cnet than I do anymore.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Firefox doesn't add addons with updates, only updates addons you've installed yourself so I don't think it snuck in with a Firefox update. My guess is it's a firefox addon. Just go to your menu at the top of your Firefox browser and click on Tools, then Addons.

Look through your addons for Smart Shopping Buddy or something that has Shopping or Smart in it that looks like it could be it and remove it and you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure I had this installed at one time too and it was pretty easy to uninstall. Basically it's trying to save you money when you shop so any time you're shopping it will check to see if the same item or similar items can be found cheaper somewhere else and it will display them.

It's not something that will show up for your visitors unless they have it installed, only affects the person that has the addon installed.

Hope that helps :)
User 15653 Photo

233 posts

Thanks JoAnn - that 'silverfish' thing (Smart Shopping Buddy) is about as welcome as a case of the flu.

User 15653 Photo

233 posts

Back to Designer 101 questions... :D

Looking at the attachment where I've marked the "A", the top left main menu from Designer doesn't translate directly over to Creator. I.e. Home, Shop Home, View Cart, Categories didn't all make the trip over and show in Creator as they left Designer. For example, on the move to Creator and once Creator file is opened, There is no 'Home' link. I can live with that - just something odd that throws you when you're working with it.

More importantly I think, can I rename menu item "categories" to "products" ? I don't know that 'categories' represents what I want in a menu selection item as well as the word 'products' and when I looked at some sample carts, initially missed some items sold by sellers until I kind of caught on to the CC scheme of 'categories'. Again, I'd prefer to rename tha menu selection to 'Products' if that's possible but I haven't seen any help topics on the matter.

The screen in the attachment to this post is a little confusing given this ain't whatcha see when you get it to Creator and that, may have been minimized perhaps if there was a WYSIWYG 'preview' option available in Designer because by the time you upload your masterpiece to Creator, it's not WYSIWYG anyway (particularly if you already had items associated with Creator set up in a cart previously.

As I went in and grabbed this uploaded .sct file from Designer into Creator, it looked NOTHING like the file I just left in Designer so again, a 'preview' feature would be very cool. Thanks for listening... :-)
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.