Question About Pro Version - Post ID...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Carolyn,

What I did was include a link in each of my product details pages that went back to the category they belonged to. You can see my example on this page:

http://accessoriesoftheworld.com/shop/v … ductid=715

The easiest way to be sure it's included in new products you add is to create the link in a product and then just copy that product (or any product that already has the link in it) and paste it into your category (entire product on the Products List page). This not only makes it easy to include this link without having to re-enter it each time, but it also makes it easy for you to create products since it will include all your favorite settings each time. Just change the photo, edit the text and price and you're set to go (barring any other things you need to add or remove such as Optionals).

You'll need to insert this link initially in each of your products manually unfortunately, but that's more than half the battle then as the copy/paste method then takes care of the rest. Just be sure to check for things you need to add separately or remove from the new product that might have been in the copied one. I tend to copy like products so that they are similar already :)
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

I think Carolyn is talking about the very long page which develops for a single category when there are lots of items - not so much the hows or wherefores of actually creating them. Right? Good point - and as has already been said, that seems to be a new suggestion to be considered.

What I will say though is that in the upcoming Pro Cart Creator program it will be actually possible to create sub-categories which might be a solution to this "issue".
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

The design of the pro version does not have a 'page break' feature incorporated into it. With the increased product capability of the forthcoming pro version of Cart Creator, that is something that may need to be addressed. Perhaps auto creating additional display pages when the product count per page gets to twenty or so products would be a practical solution.

Although the sub category feature in the pro Cart Creator will initially expand out to one level only, by deploying those sub categories constructively, it will be a useful interim 'workaround' to a more structured product presentation.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.