Product thumbnail backgrounds - Post...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Hazy,

If you define your CSS settings in the Designer Pro clearly enough, there shouldn't be a whole lot of styling needed unless you are needing to emphasize something for a holiday or a special or something. All the main styling in the shop's CSS file will be picked up automatically. Now.... having said that lol....

If you find that you need extra styling that can be done via the HTML Tool and you can do it inline without any difficulty at all or you can define a css page using the HTML Tool and include it into head tags like you would on any website page so you would enter something like:

<head><link rel="stylesheet" href="file_name_and_location.css" type="text/css" media="screen" charset="utf-8" /></head>

You would just put that into the HTML Tool and it will end up most likely showing on your page with the [[[ ]]] brackets around it so you can ignore it after that.

Personally I change my specials and holiday stuff too much to rely on a CSS so I've used inline for the most part for anything I needed to be different than the norm. Hope that helps :)
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I am a bit confused when you say there are 3 pages ( in SCCP I assume) for applying descriptions. I know about the basic "product list" page with the short description and the "product detail" page for a longer, more detailed script, but what is the 3rd page? I seem to have missed it.

What I am referring to is, depending on how you set up your shop, you could end up with 3 places to describe your product in SCCP: Catagory, subcatagory and the product itself. In each place you can put in photos of the product(s) and text describing it/them.
User 2142961 Photo

5 posts

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if I'm missing a trick here, but I have the same problem with image box backgrounds in SCDP/SCCP.

I have a black page background, and I would like to have a grey background to my images, but images that don't fit the dimensions of the image box show white space where the image finishes.

http://motogpgenius.com/viewcategory.php?groupid=11

I've tried both the transparency option in SCDP for all the background settings and changing everything to black, but this dosen't seem to work.

Is there a way of fixing this without resorting to creating a uniform dimension to all my images?
:/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.