pro vs basic - Post ID 104229

User 474642 Photo

20 posts

I'd like some input from users on which one they recommend and why? Is the pro worth the extra cost?

Question for the CC folks.... if we buy basic, can we 'upgrade' to pro if we choose later...and if so, will we be credited for our purchase or would we have to buy pro at full price after having had bought basic at full price?

thanks

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

As far as is pro worth the extra $ - if you want total control of your design, I'd go that route.

If you buy the basic, it was said that there would be an "upgrade" price available if one wanted to make that move.

But if you are really wanting to know which is the best fit for you, download the trial versions of both, kick the tires and see which is best suited for your needs. You have several days to make up your mind. Then when you plunk down the cash, you are getting what you want/need.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If you want to upgrade from the basic to the pro, you will need to call our office at 678-495-3480 and we can upgrade you. You will only be charged the difference in price.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Patrick Kennedy wrote:
I'd like some input from users on which one they recommend and why? Is the pro worth the extra cost?

A lot depends on what you intend to use the designer program for? if you want to change some colours around and match the shop to the rest of your website then you'd probably get by with the basic version. If you intend building sites for others, or need very precise control over some of the shop elements, then buying the pro version would be the way to go.

Have a few hours playing around with the program first and see what it's capable of doing for you.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Well after a couple of days playing around with both versions of the designer, I am still undecided on which version to go with.

We know this initial release period is to enable customer feedback and to refine and tweak the product and sort out the inevtiable small problems that come with all new software. I'm not sure whether future plans for this program will include more radical differences between the basic and pro versions though?

As it stands, they both do the job very well.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Well after a couple of days playing around with both versions of the designer, I am still undecided on which version to go with.

We know this initial release period is to enable customer feedback and to refine and tweak the product and sort out the inevtiable small problems that come with all new software. I'm not sure whether future plans for this program will include more radical differences between the basic and pro versions though?

As it stands, they both do the job very well.

Honestly, right now I am not too sure. The basic version will most likely always be the bare bones method and the pro will have ultimate control. As we add features we will decide internally the best version to place each in.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Well I've 'bit the bullet' and bought the pro version of the designer. Primarily because of its advanced customisation features, especially on the cart page. My rationale being that's the last page the customer sees before clicking the payment button.

When the forthcoming pro version of the cart creator gets its weight based shipping module, I believe that even high end ecommerce solutions are going to have some very serious competition. Try designing your own themes in those applications!! :D
User 1795311 Photo

35 posts

If i understand I can buy this software just once and use it for more than one store I own?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Yep
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

i've just bought the basic,but i've read that a new version of SCDP is coming out with the PRO version of SCC !
So i will upgrade both at the same time !!!
Will be great thanks for this !!!!!!!!!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.