navigation with links to other web...

User 2246690 Photo

18 posts

I would like for my cart to look just like another page in the site I created in VSD. I am using Cart Pro and Cart Designer Pro to display my products as a catalog only.

I have tried to recreate the theme I created in VSD, but have a few challenges.

How can I create a top navigation that has links to categories, shop home as well as site home and the 2 other key pages I have on my site?

Thanks
hking
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Heather,

Although I don't use VSD to help here, if you have a link to your shop it might help others to know whether it's going to be feasible for you to do it this way. It usually works better the other way around, creating the VSD site to match the shop. I'm sure some of it should be possible though, just that it's not as easy to match a shop to an external site as it is to match the external site to the shop :)

Good luck on it and give us a link so we can be more helpful :)
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Heather have a look at the link below i think what i have done is roughly what you are after

if it is, Jo Ann is right (she usually is ) its best to design the site in designer pro, and then copy the elements accross to vsd ( mine was done with vsd )

I used blank template with top left navigation in designer pro

Then matched it in vsd

http://www.weddingdaygift.co.uk

viv
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2246690 Photo

18 posts

Yes Viv, that is what I'm looking for. I have managed to find a cart theme that will work. How did you embed the links to your home and informatin pages on the shopping page???
Thanks Heather
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

If i understand the question, look carefully and my shopping cart does not have SHOP HOME

I re named SHOP HOME information

Then in the shopping carts go to:: your shop :: pages and at the bottom you can redirect the home page to you vsd home page (untick last box and the navigation goes below information)

And of course the reverse in the vsd homepage

hope that makes sense

I just hated the HOME & SHOP HOME confusion.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Jewelcraft wrote:
If i understand the question, look carefully and my shopping cart does not have SHOP HOME

I re named SHOP HOME information

I just hated the HOME & SHOP HOME confusion.

Neat!
User 1883467 Photo

3 posts

Howdy

How did you re name "SHOP HOME" I to do not like it. I do not use VSD as an editor. Also I would like to be able to add links back to my regular web site but can find no way to do that.

Thank you
Bob
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts

Hi Robert, Click on the pages icon at the top of the design window. Now look to the right for the basic info tab. Click on "Shop Home" then click on the little pencil just below and to the right of that panel. This will allow you to edit the name.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.