Nav Menu Items - how to add 1 more -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

MaryEllen King wrote:

What do you say to this conflicting response from another user?
"Go to your shop icon (in SCCP). Select PAGES. Go to home page (optional).
Tick box that says : putt secondary links under home in main menue put the url of your home page into the address (if home page is in SCCP it will unfortunately creat 2) shop home & home.
If your home page is made in something else like VSD you can then change SHOP HOME to something else (in my delorean site in sig its PROMOTIONS.
Now there will be a drop down under home with your other pages listed in..."

I would say Viv meant well, but didn't address your question correctly. You asked if they could show on the menu and the answer is no. There is no patch for this unfortuntately, this is just how the menu works in the software and most of us that use it have gotten used to that.

What Viv is suggesting works for many also though. Instead of creating the pages within the cart software, create them using other means such as VSD or HTML Editor and then link the Home page to the shop via the settings. This creates a pretty flawless transfer between the regular site and the shop. This allows the Home button on the shop to take people to your external website and when you put a menu item on your external website to your shop it links the 2 together. That is essentially what Viv was trying to tell you. He didn't contradict by saying the menu could display the items as you were asking, he was giving an optional way to set it up that many have used.

If you opt to do it this way then you can rename your Shop Home page to be anything you want it to be. Some people use that for the Featured Items page, some for their Policies and Terms etc. Just depends on your needs. It will do what you need, but it will not put the items on the menu other than the drop down.
User 2519748 Photo

10 posts

Does the "classical jazz" template do this? He seemed to recall some templates do. I don't mind starting over, but it will be my 4th template in trying to resolve the Nav Menu issue, so I want to make sure if there is a template that will allow 5 webpages that link.

If not, could you please tell me what VSD is?

Thanks.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I don't see a theme named Classical Jazz in the default program, nor one offered for sale on the site anywhere. Are you sure you're looking at a Shopping Cart Creator theme?
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I have an idea

can we have a screen shot of what template it is your are using and how you are using it

I can knock you up a quick version in VSD (Visual Site Designer) WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get, its what us non coder beginners use ;)

Actually also what are you selling ?

I did this for someone else in the forum, if you want a copy :

http://www.jsminiatures.co.uk (NOT MY WEBSITE another CC account holder
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2519748 Photo

10 posts

Selling men's casual sportshirts. Started with a blank template with Nav Menu horizontal. When I used a template with verticle Nav Menu, it added the additional page and link, no problem. I just like the look better on horizontal because I can get a large font on the Nav link text. At this point in the day, screen print is a challenge for me:)

I decided I can just put the Refund info on the Contact Us page as it is a short policy statement, and not needing the extra page. I love the KISS method whenever possible.

Thanks anyway, I have other challenges I need to get going on, so you will probably be hearing from me soon on some finer points. I was hoping to launch this week!

Take care.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad you got it worked out Mary Ellen, have fun with it and good luck with your shop!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.