Installation bug of Shopping Cart...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

The Pro version is not an update to the Basic version, it's an entirely separate program that isn't connected to the basic at all.

:lol:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2055969 Photo

9 posts

Ahhhhhhh. Thanks for taking the time to explain it. I didn't realize they were *completely* separate programs. Every "pro" version of the programs I've purchased over the years has always been an update. That's where my confusion came from.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

No problem Hugh,

also you can apply that to the Designer Pro program also, other than these 2 programs, I'm not aware of any other CC programs that have gone with a Pro build, so I see how that can be confusing if you're using other company software as a basis. Most go with upgrades that affect the current program you're using, which are basically the same program for the most part, and I would have to agree with you on the fact that usually they do tell you to uninstall the basic versions (or whatever their non Pro version is called for that company) before installing the Pro ones as they usually are in a sense an update to the one you're using.

But, this is a little different with CC as we can see since you can have both versions installed for whatever reasons you may need. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.