How to Changing Header Text? - Post...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Steven Alford wrote:
Scott, that was my origianl question; How do you change the header text in SCDP? I cannot figure out how to change it. You can hide it, but you can't change what it says, "My Shop"

There are different ways you can do it. Hide it like you see that way, use an image or in Shopping Cart Creator under the Your Shop Toolbar Icon, remove the Shop Name from there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

That isn't changing the text to say what you want, that is deleting the text that exists, big difference.
User 295711 Photo

11 posts

I'm a little confused on how to get my theme created in SC Designer into SC Creator.

TIA
Linda
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Linda Clemens wrote:
I'm a little confused on how to get my theme created in SC Designer into SC Creator.

TIA
Linda

Click the Export Toolbar Icon. The software will do that automatically for you. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 295711 Photo

11 posts

I did that and then opened up SC Creator but I could not find where my new shop was saved to. I looked in all areas of my computer. It does not ask me where I want to export it to.

TIA
Linda
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Linda Clemens wrote:
I did that and then opened up SC Creator but I could not find where my new shop was saved to. I looked in all areas of my computer. It does not ask me where I want to export it to.

TIA
Linda

Those are two different issues. The software is has magical powers and knows exactly where to export it to. ;) When you export your theme, it goes into Shopping Cart Creator itself. You then open your existing shop and then apply the exported theme to that shop.
User 295711 Photo

11 posts

No to sound to stupid, could you tell me where the "Apply Button" is? Can you give me better instructions like go to "File, click on ???"

Thanks,
Linda
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Linda Clemens wrote:
No to sound to stupid, could you tell me where the "Apply Button" is? Can you give me better instructions like go to "File, click on ???"

Thanks,
Linda

1. Open your shop in Shopping Cart Creator
2. Click the Themes Toolbar Icon
3. Locate your theme and select it
4. Save your shop and publish.

Pretty easy right? :)

If you continue to have problems, I would recommend either starting a different forum topic as this one is for changing header text (not how to use themes) or you can open a support ticket.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.