Editing/adding files! - Post ID 154255

User 1150459 Photo

1 post

I have been using SCDP about 8 months or so. I uploaded shopping cart files to server, no problem. Now my client wants to add items. When I load, only the template comes up, not the actual files with items. How can I just add new items to existing files?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Jan,

Are you trying to use 'only' SCDP for this? You do need to have the SCC P for the cart system itself, the SCD P is only for designing templates and altering them. Both you and your client need a copy of the SCC P for this.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Yep, SCC Pro is for creating the cart (think "C"ontent), while SCD Pro is for designing (think "D"ecorate). Only you (if you will be designing the shop) will need SCD Pro. But as Jo Ann said, you (and your client if they will be maintaining the content) will need SCC to populate the shop and maintain it.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm not sure if you're getting at the Pro separation here or what Phil, sorry, not sure what you're meaning there. If the shop is done in SCC Pro then the clients will need SCC Pro also for editing and adding products if they plan to maintain it. Having SCC Basic won't work if they plan to add things to their own shops. Not sure if that's what you were getting at?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Jo Ann - You mean the last mention of SCC? If so, no that was an oversite, I forgot to put Pro after it for some reason... Can't edit now. Hope there's no confusion for others :cool:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hehe no worries, just wanted to be sure if that's what you meant or not, I'm sure they'll get the idea :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.