Coupon Codes Using Shopping Cart...

User 2193064 Photo

5 posts

Is there any way I can enable my customers to enter a coupon code and receive 20% off?
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

Hi Larry. This option isn't available right now but I do believe it's in the works for a future update.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2075311 Photo

5 posts

Hello, has this update been made to the software? I would really like to use coupons on my sites...
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Shannon,

Since there hasn't been an update over the past week yet (you can always see that in your downloads section if you already own the program) I would imagine that no, this update hasn't been made to the software as of yet. I'm sure they will alert us when there is an update, and you can always check your downloads to see if a program is updated yet as it will show as not downloaded yet if it has.
User 2244885 Photo

2 posts

Is there an ETA on an update that includes this feature? I would have liked the option of using a "cybermonday" promo code on my Shopping Cart Creator Pro online store just like Coffee Cup had on its online store. :( Do you have any practical, professional workarounds for accepting promo codes until an update is released? It's well into the holiday shopping season and conducting e-commerce without them is proving to be a considerable disadvantage.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I bet Rolly has a workaround to do an automatic update of all the discount fields in one hit

If not, i just put a banner accross my homepage once that said

This month only, 20% refund via Paypal on every order, and it worked, i got lots of extra orders, and every time i posted, i issued a refund at the same time.

Mind you i bet there were a few surprised customers who did not see the banner, so when i re funded I added a note from Santa
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Derek,

You can very easily do a store wide discount if that's what you're looking for. One of the nice things (although coupon codes would be a whole lot less hassle I'm sure so everyone is still waiting on them) is the Grid. Have you played with the grid at all? It's pretty amazing in itself. I haven't used it in quite a while so I might be rusty on how it works exactly, but I did use it intensely for a year or 2 and it's very easy to copy and paste something into an entire grid section.

What this means for you is that you can find the column(s) that represent the discount area which ususally comprise of the percentage of the discount OR a dollar amount, whichever you prefer.

PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO THIS IN CASE IT TAKES A FEW TRIES TO GET IT RIGHT FOR PRACTICE SO YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK IF YOU NEED TO.

1. Enter that discount amount into one of the products as you normally would to make it show up in the Grid so you can find it in the grid easier.

2. Open the Grid and look for that particular column.

3. Copy the box that has the discount amount in it

4. Click the Title bar of that column (same as you would for Excel if I recall) or drag and highlight the entire column, whichever works.

5. Now Paste that discount you copied and it should copy to every single product's discount setup.

As I said it's been a while, but that should be the basic setup for it, you may need to play with it just a bit if I've missed something, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Once you have done with your sale, just go back to the grid and highlight that column again and delete the info there and the discount is now gone from all products.

Hope that helps :)
User 2244885 Photo

2 posts

Thanks to both of you for you advice. I want to use them for a couple of different applications. The first is to easily reward specific customers who complete a task that we ask ("like" us on Facebook, "follow" us on Twitter, etc.). The second is to track the success of advertising/marketing campaigns by assigning different discount codes and tracking the use of each. The PayPal refund option is a workaround for the former need -- though borders on the limits of practicality and professionalism -- but does not work for the latter.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Agreed Derek, and I do know they are still working on it, but I'm sure you've seen the buzz around the hew HTML Form Builder going on which I'm sure much of the focus is on at this time. I do know they mentioned it would be added at some point though.
User 337304 Photo

1 post

Hi. So, this post is 6 months after the last post.

I am considering purchasing the Shopping Cart Creator (or Pro), but need the coupon feature; otherwise I have to use another cart that I don't particularly want to use.

Is the coupon feature available, yet?

Thank you,
Shane

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.