Changing amount of 1 item? - Post ID...

User 516429 Photo

83 posts

I want to sell gift certificates. Can I set up a drop down field so that they select the amount? Right now I have about 10 different items to account for the 10 different amounts.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mark,

This is done in the Shopping Cart Creator, not the Designer, and you need the Pro version for this feature to work to add the extra pricing on.

If you have no real limits on the number of certificates you can sell you can do this easily by creating an Optional Field instead of separate products.

Just do this:

Create the original Certificate product to have the minimum price on it so lets say for example your smallest certificate is for $5.00 so you set that price at $5.00 for that certificate.

Create your description to tell them to use the dropdown menu below to choose larger gift certificate amounts (however you word it for your own taste of course).

Create an Optional Field and call it More Amounts (or whatever wording).

Add the choices to list so that they are like this:

$10 Gift Certificate ....... $5.00 (the prices on the right side are the price to "add" to the original price to make the full price so the original was $5.00 + $5.00 for the $10 cert. = $10.00

$15.00 Gift Cert. .......$10.00
$20.00 Gift Cert. .......$15.00
etc.

Make sure that requiring the choices is "not" checked so that they can choose directly or not choose if they just want the $5.00 one.

Hope that helps :)
User 516429 Photo

83 posts

Oops, I meant this to be in Creator, not Designer.
That's probably as good a workaround as anything. I started doing it that way but hoped for one that seemed more logical. Thanks for the Help.
User 516429 Photo

83 posts

Jo Ann, the link you put on each product for the back button. Did you have to do that on each item or is that a function of CCC?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mark,

What I did was get the links for each of my categories & then place the links on the products. What I do then is I copy a product and paste it to create the new products so that I don't have to deal with the links, they are already there then so once you have the current products taken care of then new ones are set to go. :)

User 516429 Photo

83 posts

Jo Ann, thanks for the explanation. I see that once you do one, the rest are just a paste step. Good work!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Thanks and good luck on it for your site :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.